Thread: Riser Block HELP!

Riser Block HELP!

Hi Guys. I'm setting up my Jet 14 inch bandsaw and am at the point of putting on the riser block. The problem is, the pins on the bottom of the riser block don't seem to quite fit into the holes in the base. One pin will sit in a hole and the other seems sit up a little. I used a plastic mallet and a block of wood to see if I could gently tap it in. I did not hit hard, as I don't know whether I should be forcing it. Or will the block fit once I tighten the connecting bolt?

Please help!

Thanks,

Darren

Clean off any excess paint and try again...the pin should be snug, but not so tight you can't get things together.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Excess Paint

Jim:

The excess paint from where? The entire bottom of the block and top of the base?

Problem solved

Thanks for the help. It worked. Still needed to use some pull from a clamp.

'Glad you got it on fine, Darren. Many times there is paint that is either on the block or the existing "saw halves" and even a little can interfere with both putting it all together as well as getting proper, dead-on alignment of all the parts while installing a riser block kit.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Yeah, the riser block on my Shop Fox took a little "persuasion" from a dead-blow hammer to get fully seated. I don't think it's uncommon.

- Vaughn

OK, so now what???

So, I got this really nice looking Bandsaw, that stands really tall with the riser block. Now what do I do with it? Too small to play cards on......Hmmmmm.

Actually, I think I got to work on my dc. I have the HF DC and tested it yesterday cutting the base of 3/4 ply for the mobile base for the bandsaw. I have it connected with 10 feet of 4 inch flex hose to a 30 gallon trash separator and the trash can with 10 feet of 4 inch flex hose to my version of the Downdrafter. It did not work very well. I was, though, cutting with a circular saw and placed the fake Dwndrafter behind the cut. Some of the sawdust went into the suction but about 60% outside. The suction was not very strong except when I put my hand over the 4 inch port.

I'm thinking of placing the HF motor and impeller onto my ceiling with a 6 inch pipe into the 2 large 55 gallon drum method and then 6 inch pipe (one run) with 2 shorter 4 inch runs to collection items. I do have the 1 micron Polyester conversion filter on the HF. I will only run one machine at a time. Any thoughts on this?

Workshop 001 (450 x 600).jpg

Workshop 002 (450 x 600).jpg

Workshop 003 (450 x 600).jpg