Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

The LOML and I picked out the tile for our mud room and downstairs bathroom; which was a real accomplishment. Got a good deal on some close outs at HD (.77 per 12x12 tile!). So this week I will start preping the room, and Saturday I will install the tile.

On Sunday I finally built myself a sanding box for DC. Pic below...and I will eventually replace the dryer hose with real DC ducting!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Swenson
    "Per" wanted me to sharpen chisels all weekend but I had to cook dinner at the Legion on Saturday. We are raising money a for new building we hope to put up this year. Dinners, Golf tournament, etc. It was Italian Night. Dinner included antipasti, a fresh pasta made with butter fresh plum tomatoes. basil and parmesan cheese. Minestrone soup, than Ossobuco Milanese (veal shank) with broccoli and Risotto Milanese. Of course coffee and Italian Cheese cake. Sunday I got back to our new Veritas MK.II sharpener and the chisels.
    Boy do they need work. It's slow!!!
    bob, did paul cresti show up? dinner sounds like his cuppa tea .02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Cut the runners for the panel sled I'm building, then started cutting the end rails... only to find my saw wasn't cutting straight. Somehow the splitter had gone out of alignment and was skewing the cut. I expect it's the result of my having cranked the blade over to 45° with a 0° ZCI in place. Note: don't do that. The part that needed realigning was the fitting that it goes into right behind the blade, and it took a bit of delicate work with an Allen wrench and a combination square to get it in the right place.

Also determined that my foldout outfeed table needs another coat or two of finish, but didn't have time to actually do somehting about that.

No shop time to speak of. I got to do daddy duty but I did cut up some number 2 pine for my neighbor. I also managed to make this:

All that's left is the router.

Helped hang sheetrock in a couple of rooms of my nieces house Saturday, Sunday had about 40 people at my house for the February birthdays (there are 10 birthdays this month in my immediate family, i.e. siblings, nieces, nephews, cousins). Was a cold drizzly day so everyone stayed inside......that was fun!!
    David

Friday - Took the kids skiing all day.
    Saturday - Spent 8-4 at EMS classes getting my yearly dose of CEH's.
    Sunday - Church AM, shop time PM, volunteer FF paperwork in the evening.

Finished the hall table posted in another thread. Other than that it was a nice, slow weekend.

After "discovering" that my new Jet Mini Lathe VS doesn't like my garage GFI breakers (I now need to wire in a non-GFI breaker), decided to vent my frustrations and hacked some wood. This is the result - total size about 12 1/2 X 12 1/2 inches. Sheep is curly maple, frame is bubinga.

Officially Retired!!!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

1,036 miles NW of Keith Burns

Nothing to report for shop time this weekend as I spent the last 4 days on a family retreat in the Great Somkey Mountains. Had a lot of non-woodworking fun though and even got snowed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Noles
    Nothing to report for shop time this weekend as I spent the last 4 days on a family retreat in the Great Somkey Mountains. Had a lot of non-woodworking fun though and even got snowed in.
    Oh..!!!! I LIKE the Smokey Mountains!!!! Been there a few times and really like that area. Congrats on your get-away Bob.!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Spent Saturday at the house in progress while the electrician started pulling wiring. It was -22 at 7 AM and only got up to about +3. Those guys were pretty cold.

Norm, the electrician, did get the 220v circuit done for the beast [see other thread in general ww'ing]. By the time I left the beast had been fired up for a test to make sure it runs.

Sunday was watching the Daytona 500. Strange happenings during that one.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

I got the jointer together friday night. Saturday cleaned up the shop, then started jointing the boards for a new kitchen table.

I got a longer weekend than usual, we took off president's day from school so I worked 3 days this weekend. As planned I finished the construction of the present kitchen project on Saturday. I sanded all the boxes and stained on Sunday. I even finished early enough that I shot a couple of coats of sanding sealer late Sunday afternoon. Today I shot 3 coats of satin lacquer on the boxes and they are now ready for delivery and installation. I went down to the jobsite today and the carpenter is not ready for me to deliver the cabinets yet but should be later on this week. Maybe I can have my shop back soon when I get all these cabinet boxes delivered.

We have been snowed under here too, with some really cold temperatures. I haven't even left the place for anything since Friday evening until today when I went to check on the job. We've been chunking the fireplace full several times during the day to stay warm.

Next weekend is already taken too with the next set of kitchen cabinet doors and several cabinet components. Will it ever stop, let's hope not.
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.

Too cold to go outside

so I gave the LOML the dimensions and sent her to the lumber yard to pick-up some 5/4 oak for the fireplace re-do. Moved an outlet so it is in the mantel now instead of next to it. Removed the oak trim from the windows to make way for the new painted birch moldings and hauled all of the furniture out so we could have the walls and ceilings skip troweled in the kitchen, dinette and family room. Built two of the twenty-one cabinets for the kitchen makeover. And, watched a little NASCAR while putting together my wishlist for the WW show coming up. Oh, and I played with the new colt router and biscuit joiner that showed up. Slept like a baby Sunday night

I finished framing a folding outfeed table ala Jim Becker design and got Formica cut and glued to the edges of the large folding piece. I had to adjust the garage door to give plenty of ventilation without freezing myself and the contact cement (boy that stuff stinks!) I still have the edges of the skinny fixed piece and the two tops, cut and mount aluminum angle, and fabricate the legs. The leg brackets and screw-on T-nuts are on order from Rockler.
    Jeremy Gibson