Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just got home and there's this box..!!!!??

WOWSER.....................OOPS got to wipe up the slobber. Missed the keyboard...................thankfully.

Want to see something hollow from that thing.................Soon!

Bruce

Wow Dennis.....

Great tool.... now go make something hollow with it

oooooh ahhhhhhh. I gotta get one of those there things m'self.....someday.....maybe. It'll make Bertha jealous though.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock
    The video took a LOT of the mystery out of my bewilderment and greatly reduced the "fear factor" for me in wanting to attempt hollow forms.
    Okay Mr. P...now will you please take on the task of taking the mystery out of this tool for us dizzy spinning newbe people? I've stared at your new tool for a long time now...without a clue.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Glenn you have to get deeper into the VORTEX. I think you use it with a rather wide tool rest and it's design takes the torque out of the tool. It applies the torque to the offset arm so you don't have to worry about tool angle, as much. Dennis, am I right?
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo
    Okay Mr. P...now will you please take on the task of taking the mystery out of this tool for us dizzy spinning newbe people? I've stared at your new tool for a long time now...without a clue.
    I get it!!!
    But won't I can walk away from the powerful vortex force
    The world is flat.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Glenn.....the proper nomenclature is NOT "newbie" but rather "experience challenged".............
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

More like gray matter challenged for me these days Ken...it seems I left something behind during all those so called liberty calls back in the day.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Oh ya...A guy who wears a pink thong ... thinks the world is flat ... and seems to need pictures of everything ... gets it BEFORE me ... that makes me feel so much better this morning. I feel a vacation coming on.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Glenn,

Not to worry sir. I intend on making the rear tool rest and I'll post the pics of it and then I'll post my first attempts of using this new golly-geewhiz thang. I got the wood to make the tool rest from.....I'm off work tomorrow, so just maybe....Tomorrow!!!!!! I think I'm sold on the idea of tomorrow to make the primary rear tool rest.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Congratulations, Dennis. What a great gift!
    Ed

Dennis the tool rest should not take more than a half day even letting the glue dry.

Glenn, you're back at the torpedo juice thing again I see.
    Good, Fast, Cheap--Pick two.

Dennis, definitely make your own rear rest...it's easy and very cost effective. BTW, make it so you can adjust the rest laterally. There are some times when you want more movement to the right on certain size and shape hollow forms. I did this by making the actual rest assembly independent of the base that holds it at the correct height off the ways and have several holes to use the studded knob that holds it to the base. If you need a picture, let me know...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...