Thread: Small issue with the 3520B

Small issue with the 3520B

I've been turning on a Jet mini the past few years and finally decided to take plunge and do some real turning on a 3520b. Was delivered a week ago, I took it out of the box yesterday, got it all set up and cleaned up. My problem is with the tailstock. When I crank the tailstock handwheel the quill just rotates, no movement in or out. I plan on calling them today but hate waiting for a new one, or worse yet....them telling me to take it to a repair center (which I shouldn't have to do). Any thoughts on what I need to do or what might be sticking which I can fix myself? The electrician is coming tonight so I was hoping to try it out this weekend.

Thanks to all.

Tighen the allen screw in the handwheel? The set screw in my tailstock handwheel worked it self lose in a couple days!
    Last edited by Kurt Rosenzweig; 02-24-2006 at 9:41 AM.

Is it extended out all the way? if so, push it back in while turning the hand wheel and see if it picks up the threads. Had this happen on my other lathe some time ago. If that is not the problem, call 1-800-274-6846 and ask for Rick. Excellent service from WMH when you have a problem. Do a close review of the exploded view and the part names so that both of you are on the same page.

Cheers
    Gordon

If you look under the shaft of the tailstock (assuming it is the same as the A) you will see an allen screw that screws up into the shaft until it engages the slot in the bottom of the quill. Just turn the screw in a little further until it engages the quill.

The Exploded View of the Stand & Bed Assembly in the manual shows the "Pin, Dowel" part 22 for the 3520A.

Earl

I think Earl has the fix!
    Have Chainsaw- Will Travel