Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Visit to Carvewright (long w/pics)

Thanks Cecil,

I really would like one but just recently purchased new band saw and jointer... don't think wifey would quite understand it. Maybe if I told her it could make jewelery......

Rich, don't know about jewelery, but bet it would make one nice jewelery box.
    Good, Fast, Cheap--Pick two.

Thank you Cecil,

I was just about to order a Amana rossette drill and shaper cutter.

Now not so much.

Per
    "all men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night....wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
    T.E. Lawrence

Thanks for the report on the Carvewright. I ordered mine Wed. I felt good about it but your report does help me think I made a good choice. Its not everyday I plunk $1500 on a unseen machine. I know there is a video but there is still nothing like touching it with your own hands.

I ordered mine today. I was told that as of my purchase they have only sold 95

96 Thanks again Cecil.

Per
    "all men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night....wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
    T.E. Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Arnold
    Jim, I think I want one, price is the major hold up as I retired a year or so ago.
    That begs the question: "What is the price?"

Wow, congrats James and Per, I wish I could say I was number 97.

Frank, the price is currently at $1500 if I am not mistaken. Though from what I understand that is only temporary and it will be sold at $2000 with a feature or 2 that is currently included in the price to be sold seperately.

Seems to me we are adding to the list of SMC Members who own CNC equipment

Technically the $1500 price was good untill last Friday. But if you buy in the next day or so and complain when they give you the $2000 price, you can probabally get the $1500

Mine's due on Wednesday ...

since I ordered it a couple weeks ago. I too have talked to the folks over the phone and am completely sold on the unit. It will do until I build the bigger shop and go to a full size unit. I'll be sure and keep any projects, trials and "learning curve" issues posted. I'm looking forward to talking to you guys that have gotten into this machine also. I know Keith will help us out all he can. Oh yeah ... and don't forget the picts! Remember, no picts, it didn't happen!
    Thanks, Ron

Sounds like you really wouldnt want to use this machine to make multiple cuts through 3/4 stock. Its main function seems to be carving only with occasionaly stock trimming. I certainly wouldnt want to wear it out prematurely.

Is there anything else out there that can carve like this thing?

Thumbs up On order and cant wait

Hello to all,
    First I'd like to say this sight is great, and thank you for all the info.
    I have ordered a Carvewright system and cant wait to get it. They sent me the software to keep me busy until my "money carver" arrives. The software is very easy to use.This software has a much smaller learning curve than corel. But in turn I'm sure it has it's limits as well.
    I will post pictures when I can.

I, too, am this close to pulling the trigger and ordering this machine. Last week I spoke with Chris and felt like it could compliment my little side business. I priority mailed down some sample pieces to "carve" on. The pieces were all the same size ( 6" X 12") in cherry, gnarly grained oak and a piece of solid surface. Chris mentioned they'd never carved the solid surface before and was looking forward to it. I am interested in seeing if the cherry "burns", oak "tears out". I'm sure the solid surface will be fine. I will post some pic's when they arrive. Also, I see there are quite a few here purchasing a machine, perhaps we could have Keith start a CarveWright forum in the future??? !!! Would be a good way to share success's as well as failures, also exchange files etc.... Bruce

Bruce,

I would love to start a CNC Woodworking Forum. You CarveWright Guys will have share space with us ShopBotters.