Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sticky on all the interviews?

Sticky on all the interviews?

Is it necessary to have a sticky on all the interviews? A few more and they're gonna take the whole first page...

One man's opinion...

Amen Kirk. I think it would be OK to have one day, maybe two days at most, of the sticky. After that everyone can do a search on 'interview'.
    Best Regards, Ken

Looks like John M is already doing so. Note that Stu and dennis have moved down.

Be glad to see mine move down too as my name is already plastered on here way too often. Ooops - just did it again.
    Only the Blue Roads

Exclamation A little patience, please.

Hey guys, we're down to four right now, as I "unstuck" a few the other day. My original thought was to have two up there for probably closer to a week, as not everyone has the opportunity to check in daily. The "problem" comes in when Mark gets too efficient and blasts several up to the forum within a day or two of each other. Right now, there's also the IT contest sitting there as "stickies" and will remain until it is over. Eventually, Aaron will move all the "old" interviews to one area, making it easier to track, look up and follow. Until such point in time, bear with me, as I'll try to keep only the most up-to-date ones up there. I feel that the individual interviews deserve some time "in the spotlight", as it were, so that it's easier for folks to find & see them without having to do complex searches. If the individual interview is only up for a day or two, it can quickly get "buried", without other folks getting an ample opportunity to view or reply to it. Once Aaron get a bit more "unburied" from his work responsibilities and we have a "spot" for them, it will be easier to manage. I appreciate your patience with this.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

John,

You just thought being a moderator was going to be fun. I think management did a sell job on you

John probably thinks he is overworked and underpaid. I think he ought to take a 50% paycut..... ........

Oh..............you would be paying Keith and Aaron then, John?????......

Hang in there John, you're doing a good job.

Randy
    Randy

Don't worry abuot tommorrow, it may never arrive
    Don't fret over yesterdays mistake, you can't undo them
    Just live today the best you can.

LOL! Awww, it ain't that bad of a "job". Nice comfy place to work, surrounded by great people doing fantastic work, includes OJT and I get to pick my hours! The turners group is typically one of the funnest around and, I realized a long time ago that you simply can't keep everyone happy all the time. Heck, I been married for over 25 years... Understanding that just comes with the territory!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

Dude, what about an Interview "forum". Put the interviews under that heading. Seems there are gonna be a few more?

Just a thought.

of course, no one gives a hoot about me so I'll never see an interview request (sob sob)........good thing really coz I aint got nuffing good to add.

ho hum

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moore
    John probably thinks he is overworked and underpaid. I think he ought to take a 50% paycut..... ........

Oh..............you would be paying Keith and Aaron then, John?????......
    Hang in there John, you're doing a good job.
    Randy
    Shoot Randy....I already put John in for a raise on his moerdatin' job here.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

John----are you trying to say--- there are other forums at the Creek.
    Gee-- that's what those other topics are for.
    Those must be for flatlanders ?????
    ---I may be broke---but we have plenty of wood---

[QUOTE=John Miliunas]LOL! Awww, it ain't that bad. The turners group is typically one of the funnest around.

Could it be that we are always spinning in circles?
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Rob, were it up to me and, if I had the "power" to do so, that's what I'd recommend. We've got, at least, one other forum starting to do the interview thing as well and, a general Interview Forum would be cool. However, I'd still like to highlight the member's interview for a week or so "at the top" of the forum, just so everyone has their moment in the "spotlight", as it were.

Dennis, thanks!!! It worked!!!! I'm getting a 25% salary increase, effective this week!

Yeah Gary, believe it or not, there are actually a few folks left who have not succumbed to the Vortex! Fear not...Their day will come!

"Spinning in circles" is right, Bart! Half the time I don't know if I'm coming or going!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    "Spinning in circles" is right, Bart! Half the time I don't know if I'm coming or going!
    John...That's not too bad...when you don't know when you WENT...now that's a problem.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo
    John...That's not too bad...when you don't know when you WENT...now that's a problem.
    LOL! Yeah, been there, done that, didn't get the T-shirt! Now, what exactly were we talking about????
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

15. The only "thing" about an interview forum is that the interviews we have here are geared mostly toward turning. The ones Zahid is doing in the Neander forum are geared toward Neanders. That may not be a big deal for anybody - I dunno... I prefer to keep 'em separate... just my opinion... worth no more than what you paid for it...

I have a few completed interviews queued, but I'm trying to spread them out and not take up the whole front page. Hopefully John and Aaron will work out a place to archive these for future reference.

And just so everybody knows, I'm compiling a list of the active members of the turning forum... I'm up to about 85 right now... I've still got a lot of you to hit and I plan on eventually getting to everybody. So no "sob, sob", Rob - your name is on the list...
    Last edited by Mark Cothren; 02-27-2006 at 10:38 AM.