Thread: Update on Dimplex Heater

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Update on Dimplex Heater

Well, I received my Dimplex DGWH4031 electric heater (purchased for about $180) and I am quite pleased. I have a three car garage (regular size garage with one additional tandem (deeper) space. Here in Chicago, we have received a bit of a warm up, but it is still quite cold outside. My garage walls are insulated and drywalled.

I put the heater on full blast and the garage came to short sleeve temperature within just a few hours. After than, I dropped the setting down to number "2" and the garage has stayed "no jacket required" warm since then.

The heater is MUCH smaller than I expected. The cord was, in fact, a 20 amp 220 outlet switch. It has been excellent to have the heater plugged in and then I just unplug when using tools.

A pic is attached. As a dedicated electrical line or a separate gas line were not in the equasion, this is a cheap and effective way to heat a garage. It has not been below-0 cold here, so I can't attest to the heaters ability in a deep freeze, but I would definitely buy this one again.
    Attached Images Attached Images