Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings

Greetings

Keith, Ken, Aaron--

Just wanted to say how nice it was to meet you folks at 5-Barns. Quite an enjoyable time. Ken, I ordered some pen-making supplies and parts from Penn State last night. Look forward to getting started.

I stopped at that car show on the way home--actually out of the way home--and spent an hour or so wandering amongst some beautiful automotive restorations. Mostly 50's, 60's, 70's. Brought back some fun memories. Wish they'd had more pre-1930, but there probably just are not as many examples of those.

My best to all,
    Ted

Welcome, Ted!!

Was a pleasure to meet you, had a great time talking with you at various times during the picnic.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Owen
    Keith, Ken, Aaron--

Ken, I ordered some pen-making supplies and parts from Penn State last night. Look forward to getting started.

Ted
    Another fish hooked !
    I enjoyed meeting you and chatting with you - good luck.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Roehl
    Welcome, Ted!!

Was a pleasure to meet you, had a great time talking with you at various times during the picnic.
    With all you knowledgeable turners there fishin' for Neanders, I wonder how many of us were really hooked--and whether Poolewood sales might enjoy a bit of a spike during the coming months.

Can you picture doing pens on a Poolewood?

Best, Ted

Ted,

It was great to meet you and welcome to the Creek! Make sure you stop in chat sometime. You make sure you let us see some pics of those pens

Noah

Thanks Ted

It was very nice meeting you and I hope the turners haven't spoiled you since you are one of the cordless types I had a great time and truly enjoyed meeting everyone at 5 Barns.

It was great to meet you Ted. I didn't realize you were from Pittsburgh. I'm a lifelong Steelers fan, but out here we have to get a satellite dish or go to a bar to watch the games on Sunday.

Rob

Hey Ted

It was really great meeting you & everyone else at 5 Barns - nice group of people for sure.

Glad you had fun at Macungie - I think they are always mostly 50's, 60's & 70's. The older cars go to Hershey usually - or at least they used to.

So did you order your Poolewood yet?
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

[QUOTE=Ted Owen]Keith, Ken, Aaron--

Most of the older cars were there on Saturday, Sunday is usually the day for different car club displays

Welcome Ted!!!!

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hatfield
    Welcome Ted!!!!

Terry
    Hi, Terry--

I get a kick out of the little Avatars here on SMC. Nice to see what you look like.

I'll let you know how I'm making out with the cyclone, now that I have all the parts (impeller mixup, was easily corrected).

Hope all is going well there.

Best, Ted

Ted,

Let me know how it goes. Glad you got a kick out of the avatar. There is a really big pic of me on my site.

Don't be a stranger around these waters.

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OT Pittsburgh

With all you knowledgeable turners there fishin' for Neanders, I wonder how many of us were really hooked--and whether Poolewood sales might enjoy a bit of a spike during the coming months.

Can you picture doing pens on a Poolewood?

Best, Ted
    Ted,
    Welcome.
    Where in Pittsburgh. We lived off of Rt 52 near Century III mall for a while and bought out in Delmont (New Salem) just the other side of Murrysville. Left there in 1989 and would love to get back. Saturday mornings at the strip district was our normal agenda.
    Sorry to bother you.
    Later,
    Ernie
    Ernie on-the-dry-side; WA

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Kuhn
    Ted,
    Welcome.
    Where in Pittsburgh. We lived off of Rt 52 near Century III mall for a while and bought out in Delmont (New Salem) just the other side of Murrysville. Left there in 1989 and would love to get back. Saturday mornings at the strip district was our normal agenda.
    Sorry to bother you.
    Later,
    Ernie
    Hi, Ernie--

Grew up in Moon, now living in Gibsonia on a golf course. Heaven.

Lived lots of places in between, like Portland, OR, for three years. So I know what the dry side means--Spokane or thereabouts. Fascinating how the mountains divide WA nearly in half--only tropical rainforest in continental U.S. on left, desert on right.

Dan Rabinowitz, who posts here, is from Murrysville.

Good to hear from you.

Best, Ted

Now I'm jealous

Hi, Ernie--

Grew up in Moon, now living in Gibsonia on a golf course. Heaven.

Best, Ted
    You didn't tell me you lived on a Golf course - You must really have wasted a lot of ketchup to get there
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP