Thread: 5 Barns Report-Back Home Safe and Sound

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

5 Barns Report-Back Home Safe and Sound

The get-together at Bill's was really great. I met a lot of folks for the first time and also got to see quite a few old friends again. Bill, Lisa and their Daughters were excellent hosts. We all had a great time -- -- and the food was "outstanding". Thanks to the Grumbines !!!

I went to just the other side of Allentown Sunday to visit my Nephew and my younger Brother's wife who I have not seen in about 7 or 8 years and started back home Sunday evening. I stopped in Virginia, (approx 1/2 way home and took a 2 hour nap in a rest area) I drove the rest of the way through the night getting here this morning at 10:30 am -- -- Safe and Sound.

As shown on a previous post (done very sneaky -- like after I left for PA) Keith and Aaron gave me the beautiful sign to use during shows. I was speechless (well - not quite entirely ).

I hauled a bunch of lumber (walnut, beech, cherry, etc) to PA and refilled the truck before I left with load of Bud Light (cheaper in Pa than in Ala) and a cooler full of Scrapple.

I see I have 5 pages listing unread threads and posts. Well maybe I will get through them sometime later today.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Ken,

Glad you made it back safe and sound. (also glad you could get back home with a cargo worth slightly more than you came up with)

Was great to meet you at last, and to find out that we have a shared history. Looking forward to next year.

I've 15 or 20 pics from the picnic that I'll send you for posting. Do you want them sent to your regular mail address?

Walt
    Middlesex, NJ
    Walt

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Drummond
    I've 15 or 20 pics from the picnic that I'll send you for posting. Do you want them sent to your regular mail address?
    Walt
    Middlesex, NJ
    Send them to any of my e-mail addys (pick one of eight ). I will gather everyone's together and post on the web.

Blog Entries

Missed that!

Ken speechless, that would have mad ethe whole trip worth it all by itself. Missed the sign though Ken, you'll have to bring it back next year when you come pick up your lower cost beer!
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Dan Bussiere Guest

Glad You Made It Back

It was a pleasure to meet ya Ken! You said you were going to bring back a truck load of Bud Light when we were talking. Guess your a man of your beer, er I mean word. I enjoyed the picnic and look forward to next year. I'm coming (meaning I have permission to) alone next year so I can stay as long as I want.
    Dan