Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Saw

New Saw

here is the new old saw zI will be going to pick up in a couple weeks...thought you might like to see it
    http://www.woodweb.com/exchanges/mac...ts/406131.html
    I just hope my truck is big enough to haul this baby home.

Reg,

Great score, I am truly jealous of that one. If your truck will not haul it, I can find a home for it. LOL

It's a beauty. Lots of fun to be had with that piece of iron.
    Congratulations!!

Gary
    "Beat It To Fit, Paint It To Match Custom Remodelers" Exclusive distributor of Beckley's Quarter Inch Paint"

Wow, that is one nice score. Even if it didn't work it would make a shop a better place.

Reg,
    Bill is a pretty good friend of mine, as well as my dealer of choice. You will enjoy meeting him. Have fun with your new toy.
    Alan Turner
    Philadelphia Furniture Workshop

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    OOOOO doggie that's purty.
    Looks heavy too
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Hey Alen,
    Yes he is avery nice guy. I have talked to him on nurmous occasions since I started redoing the 232-D I bought. He is very knolageable on the things I needed to know and was willing to send info to me. I hope to be picking it up in the weenen of the 17th.....amybe I can get to emeet you if you live in the area.
    This baby I REAL heavy. It suppose to weigh around 3500 to 4000 lbs. It will rest in the barn under a tarp until the concrete floor has cured for at least a month so it can be put in its resting place and fired up to do, hopefully sone nice work.

I don't know if that would look quite right in your shop Reg. I think it'd go better with the green carpet in mine.

Very nice haul indeed. Enjoy the new (old) toy.

- Vaughn

Hi Reg! Congratulations!! That's a great price on a great saw. As Alan said, you'll enjoy meeting Bill in person. Just an all-around great guy. This is quite a shop you're putting together!
    Bill Simmeth
    Delaplane VA

Reg, very nice saw, you could just leave it in the living room as a conversation piece!
    Michael and Sally Pfau
    Grant Creek Woodworks
    Missoula Montana
    www.grantcreekwoodworks.com

Hi Bill,
    Yes I hope to have a nice shop befor too long. I have worked for someone all my life and production at that. I will be doing wood working I hope and if I don't starve at least I will be happy doing what I really like. I have a nice girlfriend that said do it if you want and even offered to help in any way she could........what a woman

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    That is some serious iron and a beauty too!

Congrats!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

can't believe you got a snowflake for that price.... wow. they are basically the heavest duty saw ever made. even heaver than my moak and better looking to boot. I don't know much about the wheels they used. this will be one of the challanges. it looks like the motor is a 900 rpm motor and you may want to find a way to slow it down, but you will have lots of time to figure that out. great score

lou

Hey Lou,
    Glad you like it. Too I am glad you stopped by because I have a question for you about the wheels. Do you know it the wheels are vulkenized and where would I have to send them to have new tires put on them....

Wow - a snowflake for under a grand. That's a mega-gloat!