Thread: Disposable bags for DC

Post Disposable bags for DC

I recently purchased a Delta 50-760 DC. The system comes with two 6mil plastic bags for collection. I assume since they are plastic bags, once they are full you dispose of the collection, bag and all. My questioin is where do you get replacement bags? Are any heavy duty trash bags sufficient, or are you supposed to empty up the collection into another bag and reuse the original .

I use the "Contractor's Cleanup" bags. Heavy duty and large enough to seal to the DC. Made by Huffy at Home Depot. $13+change for a box.

I have the 1 micron cloth bags and I empty into plastic trash bags and take to the recycling center. I see that Amazon sells replacement bags, but at ~$8 a piece I would try something else.

Penn State Ind has 20" diameter plastic bags for pretty cheap: http://www.pennstateind.com/store/dcpb740.html

I have occasionally emptied and reused plastic bags, but it's a rough way to save a couple of bucks. Much easier to remove the bag when it's about 3/4 full, tape it up securely, and dispose.

I can't speak for your local conditions but I buy bags from my packaging materials supplier. They are better quality than dedicated "DC" bags and about half the price.

I'm with Bill, contractors clean-up bags.

I use regular heavy duty trash bags (box from Sam's Club). I found that the bags would tear loose from the DC and leak after they started filling so I bought two large plastic trash bins and placed them on the DC stand to hold and support the weight of the sawdust and it keeps the plastic bags from tearing loose. Also makes it easier to transport the bags to the door of the shop to put them in my tractor loader-bucket.