Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picture trial from a computer illiterate person

Picture trial from a computer illiterate person

As some of you may have read, I am a bit of a moron sometimes when it comes to computers. I am going to try to upload a trial pic to see if I have it figured out...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Okay, so that didn't work. I don't have more time tonight so I will try again later.

Does anyone know why it told me I didn't have permission to put a pic here. Do I need a secret handshake or something?

I just read your note on the off topic forum. I also send my belated welcome to the Creek!
    Looks like you got the picture thing down. Good looking table. The more I see the Mission style of furniture, the more I like it. Good Job!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

It worked. I see it.
    Welcome Ed!

Ed,
    Nice table and welcoe to the creek.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Now this is weird. I don't see a table, I see a thumbnail of the sawmill Creek logo.
    I saw the same thing a few minuets ago in another post.

Welcome to SMC!
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

Looks good to me. Nice table, Ed. I like the grain in the top.

ED--keep posting--more info on that terrific Mission table, please.

You will get a lot from fellow Creekers in the good advice department.

Welcome!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page
    Now this is weird. I don't see a table, I see a thumbnail of the sawmill Creek logo.
    I saw the same thing a few minuets ago in another post.

Welcome to SMC!
    You are not alone Bruce. All the pics are showing up as the SMC logo fo me also.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Ed, It worked for me. That's a nice looking table. Dick B.

11. Nice table, is that book-matched?

Very nice, I too like the simple lines of the Mission stuff.

Great work!!

Cheers!

from one computer moron to another, ya done good! and nice looking table....02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Thanks for all the kind words about the table.

It's funny, my computer at home, from which I uploaded the pic, shows the SMC logo with a note about having no permission to post pics, but this morning at work my computer shows a pic of the table.

Beats me...

I had some left over cherry, so I had to put up with the knots on the top, but I did like the rest of the grain. The nice thing about mission style furniture is that it is all straight lines. It does look kind of book matched but I am not that clever.

I made two of these tables, one with knots that I covered up with strips of inlay. I let my son and his wife (our new-found daughter that we never had, who is pregnant by the way (our first grandchild in the making)) choose which they wanted. They liked the inlay so we kept this one. I didn't stain it, just put Danish oil on and put it in the sun for a few hours. Turned out nicer than I had hoped.

Anyway, thanks. I will probably try to get more pics up and running this weekend.

Well, your upload worked just fine and the table is real fine!!! Personally, I got tired of trying to cut around each and every knot one encounters. In so doing, I found a couple things: For one, branches on a tree exist and that's where knots come from. So why not celebrate the fact that such or such flavor of tree actually had branches??? Secondly, if the knot doesn't take away from the structural integrity of the piece, I see no problem(s) in using it. Lastly, I find that the grain surrounding the knots is most often the most interesting part of the wood. Again, why not celebrate that fact??? Nice job, Ed!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

I've seen it in person...

Hi Ed,

I sat on the couch right next to this table at our recent neighborhood association meeting. I had no idea you did woodworking (or that you posted here) - now I know why you built that extra 2-car garage! Small world.

I noticed that the table was gorgeous, but had no idea you made it - I love the finish, and the cherry is beautiful.