Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT - Oak Factory Forum

OT - Oak Factory Forum

Is the Oak Factory forum still active? I can't seem to display any messages. Anyone know their situation?

TIA,

Mike

It's down, too?

I post on the political side, but it's been down for several days. I don't know what trouble Sherry is in.
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain

Don't know. Don't visit there much.
    I call that site==The Screamer Site. To wild for me.

i understand she's working on it

sherry's working on it

I sent her a email a couple days ago and She said she was working on it then.

It's still down

I just checked a while ago, still down. Bummer!

I have been in touch with CJ and Mike Robertson and none of really know what the heck is going on on the site. I sure hope that sherry is able to get it back up and runnin. I really enjoy this site a lot and I'm beginning to get to know my way around over here but I know most posters on the oak and can give them the business without causing offense. I miss it terribly. Lots of us have got a lot of years invested in some great relationships even if Steve Clardy thinks that we yell a lot. Heck we are just having fun.

Bonyfingers
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hager
    I have been in touch with CJ and Mike Robertson and none of really know what the heck is going on on the site. I sure hope that sherry is able to get it back up and runnin. I really enjoy this site a lot and I'm beginning to get to know my way around over here but I know most posters on the oak and can give them the business without causing offense. I miss it terribly. Lots of us have got a lot of years invested in some great relationships even if Steve Clardy thinks that we yell a lot. Heck we are just having fun.

Bonyfingers
    Ha ha!! I just didn't get along over there very good with some of them. Most of them I did, but had a run in or two a couple of times.
    I haven't posted over there in probably a year or so. Can't remember.
    I've followed a lot of your posts over there Jim. Took a while to fit you here.
    Not a problem, just not my style over there. I used to post a lot there, around the badger pond days.

Do they still have that "Now that we have a president" blurb at the top of the page?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy
    Ha ha!! I just didn't get along over there very good with some of them. Most of them I did, but had a run in or two a couple of times.
    I haven't posted over there in probably a year or so. Can't remember.
    I've followed a lot of your posts over there Jim. Took a while to fit you here.
    Not a problem, just not my style over there. I used to post a lot there, around the badger pond days.
    Sometimes we get heated up a little bit and there is not a set of moderators set up to cool the coals when they get hot. It is totally self moderated and I'm sure that I have been out of line a couple of times( read numerous). I see a lot of our present and former posters here on the creek and I usually recognize the names, yours included. We don't mean any harm, just a matter that we have gotten used to each other over the years and we just let the manure fly where ever it may land.

I posted on the badger pond a little bit but wayne was always all over me any time I did for one small infraction or another. I always seem to test my limits, just the way the good lord put me together I reckon. I am however enjoying the nature of this place a lot, and I'm beginning to pick up a few buddies here and begin to recognize people and remember what they are up to.

Not quite self moderated...

[QUOTE=Jim Hager]Sometimes we get heated up a little bit and there is not a set of moderators set up to cool the coals when they get hot. It is totally self moderated and I'm sure that I have been out of line a couple of times( read numerous).
    We have many heated run-ins. Sherry leans a little left and has total hammer control. Many posts get deleted on an hourly basis. I am always right, so I have a lot of trouble over there. I like it like that.
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain

Badger Pond. Yea. Remember those days.
    I was in trouble there a lot. New to the forums.
    I once posted a free drill there. [ There was a rule there, no sales]
    Anyway, I didn't see anything wrong with giving a drill away. Needed batteries, figured someone could use the drill and charger. One guy caught the post before it got zapped. Gave him the drill.
    Old Wayne sent me a less than cordinial email giving me the right act. Basically slapped me. Oh well------
    I remember the Oak when Kip was around. That site was always wilder than most, and I could get in the heat of battle over anything there. Lol

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    I used to play around at the Oak, back before Kip passed away. Got into a few heated discussions too.
    I still cruise it once in awhile - I get a kick out of 'ol CJ Hebert, one of the most talented WW's around.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page
    I used to play around at the Oak, back before Kip passed away. Got into a few heated discussions too.
    I still cruise it once in awhile - I get a kick out of 'ol CJ Hebert, one of the most talented WW's around.
    Yeah, he's pretty talented all right. One of the best bs distributors on the net. I've really enjoyed his adventure of moving to Maine and building a new place right off his own land. He's cut all the trees milled them on a logosol chain saw mill and constructed a log style house all by himself. A little bit on the nutty side but none the less a major feat by a pretty good ole boy. I guess he's enjoying what he's doing so I'll go in for that anyday.

[quote=Phil Phelps]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hager
    Sometimes we get heated up a little bit and there is not a set of moderators set up to cool the coals when they get hot. It is totally self moderated and I'm sure that I have been out of line a couple of times( read numerous).
    We have many heated run-ins. Sherry leans a little left and has total hammer control. Many posts get deleted on an hourly basis. I am always right, so I have a lot of trouble over there. I like it like that.
    I never go into the political forum. I guess I just ain't got the guts or the time for it. I've looked in a few times when it first came on but I'll bet it has been months since I even clicked on the icon. Maybe she'll get things going in a couple more days.