Thread: Balancing Wine Holder

Balancing Wine Holder

Hi,
    Flipping back through my old issues of WOOD I came across a balancing wine holder in the November 2005 issues (#166, page 87).

I had some appropriate material available so I made a couple this weekend.

I am interested in making other holders but would like to try different designs. How does one go about figuring out a new design?

Thanks for the help.

BV

Brian,
    that sounds pretty interesting. Can you please post a few pictures of what you built. It is basically just physics and knowing how much a bottle of wine weighs then figuring out the resisiting moment....either that or trial and error...lol. You could probably just take a piece of the same thickness plywood and cut different shapes until it works.
    Greg

I googled "balancing wine bottle holder" and got more information than I could possibly read.

My search

I Googled as well and came up with lots of hits mostly commercial links trying to sell them. To be frank I was hoping someone else had already digested the information and could give a a condensed version.

I also searched the Design forum last night and found nothing. So searched the whole site, this morning, and found this thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=41873

Here is another one related to the link above: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...t=drunken+fish

I will attempt to post pictures tonight or tomorrow.

BV
    Last edited by Brian Vega; 01-22-2008 at 2:26 PM.

Picture

Here is a picture as promised. I made mine out of Honduran rosewood. The smaller angle is 43 and the bigger one is 125. The whole is 7 1/8 inches from the bottom and 1 3/8 in diameter.

BV
    Attached Images Attached Images