View Poll Results: If you have a table saw after-market miter gauge, please chose the manufacturer.

Voters
443. You may not vote on this poll
  • Incra

205 46.28%
  • JDS Accu-Miter

21 4.74%
  • JessEm

28 6.32%
  • Jointech

29 6.55%
  • Kreg

22 4.97%
  • Osborne

55 12.42%
  • Woodhaven

35 7.90%
  • home-made

31 7.00%
  • other (please say which)

17 3.84%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poll: After-market Table Saw Miter Gauges

Poll: After-market Table Saw Miter Gauges

There have been several recent threads in which after-market mitre gauges were discussed and I though it would be interesting to have a poll to determine the most popular of these among our members.

If you have more than one, please chose the one that you prefer.
    Last edited by Frank Pellow; 03-09-2006 at 11:44 PM.

I love my Incra 5k!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Incra 1000SE here.

corey

Oliver Model #2. Period. End of Paragraph.

I am currently remaking a mahogony pattern based on an oliver #2 mitre gage and will have a number of castings made for a few folks. Orginally this gage was found only on oliver machines like the 232. But since borrowing one from a friend as a ginni pig, I am in love. This is the coolest, most basic mitre gage I have ever come across. Simple. Accurate. Substantial. Considerably smaller than the hunkin #1 gages found on larger oliver saws yet of substantial mass to shame the stock gage found on most table saws. The best part is that it is super simple to swap out the mtire bar with another one. The mitre bar is held against a central pivot by the lock down knob. This means this gage can be transplanted to **ANY** machine that needs one. I will put one on my martin T-17 with its dovetail mitre slot and another on my 30 inch disc sander. Its that versatile. So my vote goes to using a reproduction oliver #2!
    Had the dog not stopped to go to the bathroom, he would have caught the rabbit.

JDS Accu-miter for me. Chunky and super accurate. Have some LV friction tape on the face rather than sand-paper - no bits of grit scratching the table top.

Noel

How much more useful are the aftermarkets?

Hey guys,

I'm waiting for the delivery TODAY of my Grizzly 1023SL. Sold the Delta contractor in one day. Had it tuned up nicely and gave away a WWII thin kerf with extras (my cross cut sled for one). Plus sold Biesemeyer splitter cheaply which isn't going to fit on the 1023 according to Biesemeyer. But always thought my "mid-grade" aftermarket miter gauge for the Delta never slowed me down or inhibited what I wanted to do. The Chantilly woodworking show is coming up soon. LOML comes with and usually lets me get one new tool at it. I was thinking of steering her towards the Incra cross cut sled or something like that. Maybe I ought to be thinking aftermarket miter gauge. Your thoughts? How much more useful is the aftermarket miter gauge? Don't think I could get both out of her, she's good for one, but two would be stretching the budget too much.

Don M

WOW, I knew that Incra was popular, but I did not know it was this popular!

The other surprise for me, is just how few folks have my choice -the JessEm Mite-R-Excel. Oh well, I chose JessEm over Incra, and I remain happy that I did.
    Last edited by Frank Pellow; 03-10-2006 at 10:29 AM.

Can't vote. I use the ones that come with my saw, which is very seldom. Its more of a dust collector than anything.

I recently purchased an Incra 1000 SE, and it is super.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!

I got an incra 1000se in the mail. It should be here tomorrow. The suspense is killing me
    Last edited by Aaron Kline; 03-10-2006 at 11:21 AM.

MY Woodhaven is on its second TS. Bought it when I had a DeWalt benchtop (horrible miter gauge came with it). Don't use it too much now that I have the Jessem sliding table, but I still like it.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Red face

I have the Woodhaven but use my dubby sled 95% of time.

Gary K

I've got an Incra and an Osborne and prefer the Incra, so that's what I voted for....
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I'm rather new here so I have a dumb question. On the upper right hand corner there is a red triangle next to number of post. I'm number 12 and I don't have triangle. What's it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell
    I'm rather new here so I have a dumb question. On the upper right hand corner there is a red triangle next to number of post. I'm number 12 and I don't have triangle. What's it mean?
    Thats to report a bad post. Members here have the chance to kinda self moderate. Its showing in your post here.