Thread: Anyone using the Sharpe titanium HVLP guns?

Anyone using the Sharpe titanium HVLP guns?

I am not sure if this belongs here or in the finishing forum, but since it is a tool I am posting here.

I took a quick glance at the Astro but cannot get it with anything less than the 1.3 tip so is less than perfect for stains and not all of the parts are corrosion resistant to use with water based procucts.

It appears to me that the most economical HVLP set up with a pressure gun that will spray both stains and lacquers is the Sharpe titanium with both a .08 and 1.2 tip set. I did a search and saw that Jack Duren asked about this gun last July and got little response so I am asking again. Anyone have any input on this gun and/or set up?

Any other suggestion for a pretty good quality HVLP pressure gun set up at about the same price? It seem like that as you leave this area the cost really escalates.

Allen

allen, i use sharpes 7040 touch-up gun and like it. for gravity fed i went with binks for close to the same money but any decient gun with interchangable tips and air caps should provide good service. i mainly use a 1.4 tip and a 93p air cap for most applications...02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.