Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pool Cue Case - Finally Done

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan
    Bruce...my skill level used to also be tied into the number of beers I'd had. After a dozen or so, my game would start to decline, but by then, I didn't really care. It's been difficult learning to play without the beer, but I'm getting better at it. Is the Corner Pocket still at Moon and Lomas? I used to occasionally play there years ago. My claim to fame was that I beat Cowboy Jimmie Moore at a game of 8-ball once...he used to hang out at the Corner Pocket. He was in his 80's back then, but he still played like the champ he was in his younger days. (He's in the Billiard Congress of America Hall of Fame.) Whether we play pool or not, I'd like to say hi to you next time I'm in ABQ.
    - Vaughn
    Yep the Corner Pocket is still there. The wife & I use to play there often, before we bought our table.
    I'm sure your skill level is waaaaay out of my league, my skill level is more of a curve. It curves up to about 6/7 beers, holds steady for about 3, then slopes down. I haven't had the cover off of the table in three months.
    I would love to get together whenever you're out this way.
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

Vaughn,
    It's hard to come up with a compliment that hasn't already been used! Stunning . I'm sure there will be orders...custom inlays to match the stick sound good.

Blog Entries
    Vaughn,

Great looking case..... Now rack'em...
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Vaughn, like Mark said, I don't know what else to say. I think it's awesome. I've been thinking about making one for some time, and looking at your case is surely inspiring. Not sure it will look as good.

If you come out to PA, stop by and we'll play.

chris
    chris

Most EXCELLENT Vaughn!!!!!! Very beautiful work. Congrats on a case well made.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Vaughn, once again you show why you can proudly wear the title "Da' Man!" Very nice all the way around. From finish, to wood selection, to execution - it's all just right! Nice job.

I am a little late here Vaughn but that is one sweet case man. Sooo cool, the workmanship is tops, the finish is just grand. I like how you finished out the interior as well. Nice job Vaughn!
    Corey

Awesome Box!

I've got to get to work on a cue holder for my pool room. While I don't have any ultra expensive cues - I do have a nice graphite one that is a much better stick than I am a player! Just wish the pool table wasn't upstairs - knees just aren't what they use to be and I know that keeps me from playing as often as I'd like. Well, that and the long list of projects I can't seem to get started on!
    Keith Foster Carrera Farms