Thread: McFeely's--great customer service

McFeely's--great customer service

I just bought a bunch of things from McFeely's--screw assortments and a few other items including a FastCap tape measure that stays flat. I have another FastCap tape measure that I like--you can read it from either direction. Well I made some cuts in plywood on my TS that I thought were at 30"--I had checked it with my first FastCap tape measure, but when I went to check it with the new one it was off a bit--somewhere between 1/32" and 1/64." I know that tape measures can vary and it's best to be consistent and use the same one, but I like using each for different purposes. And I know some of you will moan that 1/32" is nothing to worry about when it comes to wood, but for some reason that just seemed too off to me. Also, my old Fastcap agreed nicely with a few other tape measures I had lying around the house. I emailed McFeely's and told them what I found and just asked them what I should do. Their response was a shipping confirmation email--they just sent a new one out without blinking and didn't ask for the old one. Great CS! I will certainly continue to shop there.

Rob,

McFeely's is the best supplier I have ever ordered from, hands down. Excellent service, and very fast.

Wow Keith,
    If you think they are better than Lee Valley, I must try them.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

I've been ordering from mcfeelys for about 15 yrs ever since I found out sq drive are better the phillip head screws. I never had a problem with the service.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jones near Indy
    Wow Keith,
    Ron,

A few years ago I had a rather large cabinet job I was doing for York County Schools. I received quarterly purchase orders for cabinets over a four year contract so I was ordering a lot of fasteners from McFeely's. Almost every order that I made in the morning arrived the next day no matter how large or small and I never paid for next day delivery. I was ordering between 6 to 12 thousand 3 inch long screws at a time, not one screw ever failed in four years. I also ordered lots of other items, plugs and misc stuff.

At my shop McFeely's has a perfect record, what's not to like about friendly service that is rock solid reliable. Lee Valley may be just as good, I can't say but McFeely's has been a proven supplier for me for lots of years.

When I started contacting vendors to ask if they would be willing to provide FreeStuff for our drawings at SawMill Creek McFeeley's was the first company to say yes, in fact they were energetic about supporting SMC and offered to help anytime we asked. At the time there was very little advertising value at SMC so it was clear that their heart was in the right place offering to help us get the FreeStuff Program going.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jones near Indy
    Wow Keith,
    In my experience, nobody selling anything is better than Lee Valley. But, McFeely's comes close and, yes, you must try them.

I went to McFeely's to check out some screws I need for project. With that taken care of, I go and check out other stuff, like the bargain bin and there's a CMT router bit that is $40.00 cheaper that Woodcraft's 25% off price and just about the same price as another brand that I ordered early in this week. I called up the other company--no they hadn't shipped yet, one item was backordered. I canceled bit and got the CMT. I'm happy.

Thumbs up

I have been dealing with them for years and never had a problem.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Thumbs up Keith and Frank

My next order goes to McFeely's! I'm looking forward to dealing with them! Thanks for the heads up.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi