I guess I'll just start out with introductions. I'm Jace Weber, my wife and I live in N.E. Missouri and I've lived here my whole life. I've done a few different things... I farmed with my Dad and Grandfather, right out of HS, then I owned a gunshop and did commercial ammo loading for law enforcement and competition handgun, mostly IPSC style, for 18 years. I outgrew the whole gun business thing, just got real burnt out with it and set myself up in the furniture restoration business for real. I'd been doing it as a hobby for years and jumped in with both feet. Along with the restoration stuff, we do mirror resilvering and more and more in the past few years, I'm doing furniture commission work. And, we also run a 120 head brood cow/calf operation... you know, just to fill in the cracks of my day.

I've been a member of at The Oak for several years, bounced around a few message boards before landing there, you may have ran into me somewhere along the line. I've gotten a few emails from other Oakers that have scootched in here at Sawmill Creek and decided I'd better show my face instead of lurking. Seems to me you're all a pretty neat bunch of folks here with an extremely deep talent pool, the work I've seen here is amazing.

I guess I'll just wade in here with some pictures, y'all lemme know if I'm doing the picture thing to protocal here. I don't really know how this furniture style evolved here, that I seem to do a lot of, kind of a blend of 1920's-1940's kitchen style. Usually painted white with exposed chrome hinges that'll try your every last shred of patience getting a door gap to look right. Sometimes glass doors, sometimes solid, but always with beaded panels on the sides. And just so you know, everything I build ain't painted. Heh he.

This piece is a double wardrobe/vanity commission, all told about 6' 6" wide by 6' 1" high. Primary wood is soft maple with the monster sized single drawers being Ash with some heartwood figure. The legs were turned from Oak... because, it was there. The finish is Gemini CAB lacquer, which I've just switched to after divorcing Sherwin Williams from my life. The knobs are Jadeite colored glass.

Thanks for not lockin' the door on me.