Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Good Morning Everyone,

I trust that everyone is doing as well as expected for a Monday. I hope that your weekend was a good one.

I'm finishing up the church cabinet job and I'll have that all done this week. I'm just finishing up the countertops now. All I have left to do is install the countertops and I'll be done!!!! Yea!!!!!

I roughed out a couple of Yellow Poplar bowls this weekend, turned a few that I need to finish the bottoms of so I can call them finished. I've started prepping materials for the computer desk that I'm making for a guy at work. Fortunately a local woodworker that I recently met, Rick de Rogue. Really great guy with a shop so organized that I stood in awe of his organizational skills reflected by his shop. Anyway, I was able to get some walnut lumber from him and this will go for the legs of this computer desk.

Saturday was removing the tiller of the lawn tractor and putting the mower deck on and starting to become grass cutting season. Got the new Stihl MS361 chainsaw out this weekend for the very first time to cut some wood. This baby will CUT some wood!!!! I'm very tickled with my chainsaw purchase.

Sunday was church and I played bass guitar for the worship service. The In-laws arrived late Sunday afternoon and it will be a "fun" time this week.

This week it's back to work, even though I did work for "work" a good bit this weekend due to issues on a system that I'm intimately familiar with.

So, what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Hi Dennis,
    Spent the weekend "charmin the ladies" Had a couple of dates this weekend .
    Lots of time at the hospice center with mom and family.
    Went down to the BORG and solidified a couple of plans for future projects.
    Spent some time in the shop trying to master the LV MK11. Good thing I have a lot of practice sharps to work on , but I'm almost ready for the good chisels and plane Irons .
    Hitting the punch list on my home remuttling projects. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
    Last edited by Tyler Howell; 03-27-2006 at 12:05 PM.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Friday night and Saturday I painted my daughter's room. The previous owners allowed their teenage daughter to paint the room hot pink. Took two coats of Kilz and two coats of paint to get good coverage. Tried to turn a bowl, but the tenon broke off the bottom so I gave up and went on to building the mirror I posted last week in the design forum. Got it about 50% complete. Sunday waited around while LOML stenciled the bedroom in case she needed assistance and then put it back together. Played with Sketchup. Pretty soon I'm going to have to install it on another computer since I'll soon be out of time. Hopefully I can buy it soon--LOML said "that's a pretty cool program" so its probably just a matter of having the cash (which I've spent an awful lot of since December.)

Morning Dennis.....This weekend I finished up my clamp cart. Some say it looks like a pulpit, some say it looks like a tea cart. I guess that means I could serve tea in my shop. Also loaded my truck with some cabinets that I made for a friend down in California. Will be taking them down this week.
    Rod<---in Appleton, WA
    Attached Images Attached Images

Worked a few hours on the edge sander refinish project, pretty much got the parts I have down, but now need to fabricate some parts that were missing and then make a new stand. The stand it had was too short one of those forlegged foot grabber types (standard stand).

Pulled my hair out trying to find the cause for poor water pressure on one of my sprinkler zones. No luck, so I will have to work on it agian next weekend. I also need to reinstall a new check value as the old one went bad, so I had removed it anf put in a temporary splice.

Took the boy out to play catch and practice hitting baseballs.

Saturday we had friends over, their boys totally trashed the place. Broke a number of my sons toys (on purpose), continued to disregard our rules, basically were unrully. It usually happens when their boys come over, but not as bad as this weekend. Even though this is a good friend of mine, we made a decision that their boys are just not welcome to come over and play until they mature more. My son can go to there house and play, but not the otherway around. Not that my son is perfect, but he usually respects the rules and others property.

Sad day watching racing, kind of spoiled the day so I didn't watch anymore. For those who don't know, a rookie IRL driver was killed in opening warm up laps. Great Basketball instead.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Good morning Dennis,

This weekend I went after, bought home and installed into my shop a 1993 model PM66 with sliding table, a Mini Max S45 bandsaw and a Hitachi-Koki F1000A planer/jointer. With a LOT of help from a good friend and professional woodworker, we got the saw put back together and well tuned, the bandsaw tuned up very well and the planer/jointer in fine working condition. All in all, a wonderful weekend. The slider is accurate to within .004", the beis fence to within .005". Love that PM66. I am starting to get emotionally attached to the S45. And the planer/jointer, what else can I say but WOW.

Great weekend!

Brad
    Last edited by Brad Noble; 03-27-2006 at 10:45 AM.

I went to the Chantilly WW show Saturday morning, then to Baja Fresh for lunch. There's no good burrito joints down here, so that's a treat. The show was small, but was getting crowded when I left. There seemed to be some better deals than usual there. I was back and forth on the nicer 990 Delta VS drill press because the price was better than I've seen for the cheaper version. Ultimately I decided I wanted to buy some wood sometime this year and walked away with just a Kreg precision measuring system for my miter saw ... came with a second flip stop at the show (which I would've bought anyway). I also got an extra rail to upgrade my DP table to match. There were a couple other deals that tempted me there including the new PM benchtop mortiser at a pretty good price. Overall it's the first time I've seen prices better than 10% off suggested retail in 5 years.
    I also played around with the MM combo machine for a while. It would be nice.

Jay
    Jay St. Peter

Woodworking this weekend was limited to about 20 minutes helping out a friend with some "fit milling" of some molding, etc., for his house. Oh, well...Dr. SWMBO had a whole bunch of grant reviews to complete, so I had to insure that the dynamic duo didn't consume her time too much. We also had some rough times on Saturday with behavior...

Saturday morning, we met with our architect to look over three preliminary ideas for our proposed home addition. One of the three was "darn close" to a very appealing design. Saturday afternoon, I took the younger to a classmate's birthday party at a bowling ally...first time she ever saw such a thing, but she did well, coming in second for her group of four bowlers. Obligatory cute picture...

Alesya-bowling-640.jpg

The rest of my free time, when I was not at the playground or doing other forms of supervision, cooking, etc., I worked on some SketchUp! renderings of the design we liked to better visualize it. With any luck, we may be able to finalize on a preliminary design next Saturday and the architect will be able to do some more formal drawings, etc., that will lead to the "contractor bidding shuffle"...

Have a nice week!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Made shavings all weekend. Ahh, the good life has returned.
    Only the Blue Roads

This weekend, I finally got my DC system completely done!!! Had one last leg to run to my Delta bandsaw. I used the sheet metal fitting that Delta sells and it performs nicely. Good to see that I'm capable of completing something. I also performed the dreaded task of replacing the knives in my old Delta 12" planer, did some major cleaning in the garage--uh, I mean, workshop, and bought some pine to make a new rack for my bar clamps.

Still undecided on what to do about a new workbench. But Monday's always easier to deal with when I feel good about what I got done over the weekend!

Mark

Rod, if that's a pulpit, what's the sermon title? "Get a Grip"??? groan...sorry, couldn't resist!

played electrician: alias squirel in the attic

had a early start sat to get some permant lighting in the attic first along with a recept. for the big stuff next time i get to visit the attic then started puttin 5 recessed lights one for the hallway and 4 for the kitchen.. oh by the way swiming in fiberglass and cellouse insulation is great excercise.. made for a very big hungry and thirst. rerunning wire threw area's meant for squirels and small kids was a treat, really lookin forward to it again sometime but i got a big thanks from the better half and cherry pie to boot finished it up sunday afternoon.
    If in Doubt? Build it Stought!

I made good progress on the new gaff for the sailboat. Jaws are laminated oak and maple, the stick is pine built up in the birdsmouth method. No photos but here's a drawing I used to to figure out the dimensions for the jaws.

I also got to play with Ian, do some SketchUp tutoring, ate pancakes at a pancake breakfast and had some time to be lazy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

After working all day Saturday, as ussual, I continued with my planter box.

This thing will be about 42" long by 18" wide and about 18" deep. Making it out of Cypress. The box will have recessed panels. M&T joinery. Lots of chisel and hand plane work going into this project.

Also, got the zero turn out, Nicholas wanted to cut grass. While he was finishing up, I took the four wheeler and spread some Weed and Feed with Baricade down. It is now raining. Great timing.

Joe

My wife and I spent a lot of the weekend finding out that projectile vomiting from a dog is a lot worse than projectile vomiting from a cat...

So my woodworking was limited to some sharpening and work on the knob and tote from a WWII era (type 17) number 5 plane. I sanded off the remnants of the black paint and stained them with some Van Dyck crystals.

- Maurice