Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Record

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Roehl
    Well, Ian, the number of users is probably right, but I'm sure the time isn't!

Right now, it's 10:57AM, EDT (GMT -0400, I think), but SMC is showing 9:13AM, GMT -0500.
    Jason - the text was a cut and past from the forum front page. Any inconsistency is not my fault! Possibility exists that there is a confusion because I am on GMT+1 and if times are generated using my system clock they will look daft to you. To be honest I never look at the time on posts 'cos trying to work out advancing and retarding times makes my ears bleed.

And it doesn't help much that SMC is in a John Belushi-esque time zone unto itself. It fluctuates consistently as demonstrated by the fact that every clock nearby says that is is 2:27 PM EST while the SMC server says.....
    Only the Blue Roads

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hoyt
    And it doesn't help much that SMC is in a John Belushi-esque time zone unto itself. It fluctuates consistently as demonstrated by the fact that every clock nearby says that is is 2:27 PM EST while the SMC server says.....
    Huh. I'd finally gotten used to the SMC clock running fast (and gaining about a minute per day), but it's currently about 40 minutes slow.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Well...I guess a few of you have figured out that I have no interest in accurate timekeeping

No problem, Keith. But my guess is that those moderators on an hourly pay scale will likely have a beef with ya.
    Only the Blue Roads

I wasn't suggesting that the clock be changed...if you did, you'd take away my tardiness excuse!

Being self-employed has totally screwed with my punctuality. No time-clock to punch. (It also means the workday is over when I'm done, not at 5PM).

BTW, Ian, I was looking at the "All times are GMT... The time is now..." at the very bottom of every SMC page. It's not close, unless SMC is in one of those half-way time zones.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Roehl
    Being self-employed has totally screwed with my punctuality. No time-clock to punch. (It also means the workday is over when I'm done, not at 5PM).
    Me too Jason - I have a freckle on my wrist that is accurate to +/- a day or so.