Thread: Fun Woodworking Places in LA or OC?

Fun Woodworking Places in LA or OC?

Hi everyone,

The hubby and I will be driving down to Vegas and Socal next weekend. Are there any cool woodworking places in LA or Orange County to visit? Maybe good source for plywood and tools?

Thanks,
    Helen

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Gee
    Hi everyone,

The hubby and I will be driving down to Vegas and Socal next weekend. Are there any cool woodworking places in LA or Orange County to visit? Maybe good source for plywood and tools?

Thanks,
    Helen
    Austin Hardwoods - in Santa Ana, across from the train station. Santiago Ave., if I recall correctly. Good stock of woods, plywoods, hardware, and some tools, too.

I spent a lot of time and money there when I lived in Tustin.

Thanks Jim, will add it to my list to visit We were actually living down there for a couple of years and weren't interested in woodworking at the time. What a shame There seems to be more woodworking places down in Socal than Norcal.

Austin Hardwood's address is 610 N. Santiago St., Santa Ana. I'm there at least once a week. There is also a Woodcraft store in Stanton and a Rockler store in Orange if you are interested.

Two or three places to visit.

1. In Pasadena, the Gamble House. It's the prime example of Greene & Greene achitecture and furniture. It's open for tours.

2. Eagle Tools in Los Angeles. An amazing collection of power tools. Jesse really knows hit stuff.

3. Tropical Exotic Hardwoods in Carlsbad, down by Oceanside. This is simply an amazing collection of wood: lumber, slabs, and turning blanks.

A visit to the Maloof compound is a must. For a schedule and directions go to www.malooffoundation.org.

Reel Lumber In either Anaheim or Riverside is a great place to visit. www.Reellumber.com for information.

You might see if anyone will be around the Singer compound in Laguna Beach as well. Another great place to visit.