Thread: GI party and floor plan switch

GI party and floor plan switch

This weekend I'm unplugging all my tools except the vaccume and holding a GI party in my WW shop. Everything gets cleaned, adjusted & lube'd as needed and a few rusty spots I discovered cleaned up. I might even get into tweeking the arbor in my Delta TS and doing the nickle test.

I went out there this morning to put on a coat of shellac on a sliding cross cut table I made yesterday, stood in the middle of the garage and found I couldn't see the floor in a few spots; so a cleaning was in order. As I shoved the vac around I found some really packed corners and cobwebs holding their share of dust. I guess it's over due for a good cleaning.

While I'm at it I might as well begins shoving tools around so I can do better work in there. SOmethign I've been meaning to do for months.

I haven't seen the corners of my shop for a long long time Most likely that's where my other tape measure is

Have fun!

Brian
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

Two words, Jerry. Leaf Blower
    Only the Blue Roads

jerry, if that silly notion isn`t gone by the time you read this how `bout comming for a visit? .02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Jerry........My wife told me I could take her grocery shopping this mornig. So we did the annual thing....(she shops more often...I think a guy should do it at least once a year!). A neighbor is interested in observing some turning so my wife suggested I sweep down the 2 feet of shavings around the lathe for safety reasons. She always blows things out of proportion! I swept a 40 gallon trash bag full.....It wasn't 2 feet deep!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Now I feel guilty. My shop is Dirty. A neatnik I'm not..
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Olexa
    Now I feel guilty. My shop is Dirty. A neatnik I'm not..
    wellll, part of the motivation is LOML just brought home a new Saturn today and that shares the garage with my shop/tools. So, I sort of had to make it feel at home when it pulled into her side.

Hey Jerry when you check the corners for Brians tape measure look for all my single socks as well.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

Shop cleaning, yeah right. This is just a stealth gloat for the new Saturn.

I did the shop empty/cleanup thing a weekend or two ago and found the top of my bench again, but I didn't see Brian's tape measure or any of Joe's socks. I also still haven't found a 12" long piece of walnut that was kicked back over a year ago (before my current table saw w/splitter and Grrippers, and before I started growing a brain in regards to woodworking). One of those times I was sure glad I had learned to not stand in the line of fire from the blade, though.

- Vaughn

Talking

stealth gloat - good one