Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use Glu-Bot?

Anyone use Glu-Bot?

http://www.mcfeelys.com/product.asp?pid=FSC-4011

Seems like an effective product. . .

A search didn't reveal any posts on it. Anyone have any experiences with this?

Thanks

Yes, works as advertised.

But I much prefer a empty dishwashing detergent bottle.

Per
    "all men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night....wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
    T.E. Lawrence

Yes - LV Only Sells The Small Size Here In canada

It's as good a glue bottle as any.

It's biggest (only?) advantage is that glue stops coming out right as you stop squeezing it. Sure helps keep glue-ups tidier.

But - it offers nothing that couldn't be accomplished with a multi-tip glue bottle AND taking the time to get to know the bottle in order to release your grip at EXACTLy the right moment.

HTH
    Howard
    Howard Rosenberg

I have been using one for a year or so and like it. I find it easier to control than the bottles the glue comes in. I just bought a second one.

If you forget and leave the cap off overnight, you'll have a hard time digging the glue out without something like a dental pick. I picked up some extra tips for that reason.

It essentially works...but the cap on the review unit I got from a mag awhile back just doesn't thread on all that well. A "really good" squeeze can pop the top off. I pretty much don't use it...the stock Titebond bottles work great for me.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Had two of them. Thought they would be the cats meow.
    Finally trashed them. Tips plug easily. Glue just did not drain back in very well for me. The small, narrow holes, I thought would be ideal for glue control.
    And, had one of the threaded caps pop off. What a mess.

I thought they would be really nice for glue control, but I have only had problems with mine. I have two different sizes and they both have problem keeping the red cap on when not in use. It just falls off. I also dropped the small bottle recently and the plastic shattered in one of the corners. I did not notice it until it had dripped glue all over. I do not think they were a good investment. The old titebond bottles work the best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Rosenberg
    It's as good a glue bottle as any.

It's biggest (only?) advantage is that glue stops coming out right as you stop squeezing it. Sure helps keep glue-ups tidier.

But - it offers nothing that couldn't be accomplished with a multi-tip glue bottle AND taking the time to get to know the bottle in order to release your grip at EXACTLy the right moment.

HTH
    Howard
    Interesting, I thought the biggest advantage would be that glue is "at the ready". . . (doesn't need to be stored upside down or shaken to get the glue to the tip)

I have the same experience as Rick. It seems like the cap on the tip is made for the tip when it isn't installed on the bottle. The screw cap that holds the tip to the bottle blocks the cap from fully seating and it just falls off. I noticed this flaw and have never even bothered to put glue in it. Junk IMO.

Jay
    Jay St. Peter

I find that the twist top mustard squeeze bottles work well.
    Chris

I'll second the old mustard bottles. It is a crime in my house to through one out. Unfortuenatley, French's has gone to a "higher tech" model now, so I hope my current bottles hold out or I'll have to buy some cheap mustard, just for the bottle

I've had NO issues with them.......

As a matter of fact, I kinda like them.

I've had a couple for a while now and use them exclusively. A friend of mine was in the shop and used it, liked it and bought the small one for his RC plane projects. As far as the cap problems ....... uhh, what cap ??
    Tony

I have the small one and use it routinely. Yup, the cap stinks, but I use one from a CA glue bottle and it stays on very well. And yup, the tips clog up but clear easily with a nail or other pointy thing. The trick is to not recap it immediately after use - just wait a minute or so.
    Only the Blue Roads

It sounds like their quality is inconsistent. I haven't had any problems with either of the caps not fitting correctly.

Does it come with an orifice for buscuit slots?