Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I just bumped Highland Hardware from my vendor list!

I just bumped Highland Hardware from my vendor list!

O.K. I am not happy! In my search for a Fishe Plug cutter, I wound up speaking with BOB at Highland Hardware. Now I have done business with them before and they are the multirouter dealer most often referenced. But lets not forget that David Marks is also a multirouter dealer and this guy has track record of hanging with woodworkers.

At any rate, Highland was very curse with me and not very helpful and told me to look Fishe up on the internet and hung up on me. Needless to say, I was not happy at all. These guys need a lesson in dealing with the public and a lesson in curtesy before I call them again for anything!
    Had the dog not stopped to go to the bathroom, he would have caught the rabbit.

S.E. Tennessee ... just a bit North of Chattanooga
    How weird !! !! This is just the opposite of my experiences. I've used Highland for years, both mail-order and in person and have always found them to be very easy to work with. My one experience with Mr. Marks was less than impressive .. .. I found him to be arrogant and neglectful UNLESS you were making a major purchase from him. He not only sells the Multi-Router, he owns most, if not all of the company.

Dev,

I would not take my anger out on an entire company because of a single individual's actions/attitude. Everyone one on earth has a boss. Why not find out who Bob's boss is and have a chat with him/her about the situation. I would be willing to bet you would find far better satisfaction thru this route. They are basically a great company and good folks.

Hi Dev,

Take Bob's advise. I'm in retail myself (own the company) and it's happened to me before. The guy may have been having a bad day, or may have just dealt with a particularly hard customer, and took it out on you. I'm not condoning what happened, maybe just putting it in perspective. The few times I've dealt with Highland have been positive experiences for me. So before throwing the baby out with the bath water, see if you can get to the bottom of it and not lose a good WWing source.

Brent

we where in the market for a new washer and wifey was calling around , she got off the phone really upset becouse the guy at best buy was rude and blew her off "Where never shoping there again"

when she cooled down I got her to call the manager who apologized and told her to come in and ask for him personally . I forget the exact details but I know we got a hell of a good deal as a result .

I would call and talk to a manger

(might not hurt to email them a link to this thread either )

As noted one can rate an entire company by one employee, I have had excellent dealings with Highland. I also have over 400 people that work for me and I doubt they are 100% with every customer they deal with everyday.

Bob, where did you hear that David Marks, "...owns most, if not all of the company"? I would be surprised if he did, I know that TV pays well, but he is a WW guy, and . If he did own or partially own the Multi-Router that would shed a completely different light to his glowing praise for the machine on his show...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wingard
    How weird !! !! This is just the opposite of my experiences. I've used Highland for years, both mail-order and in person and have always found them to be very easy to work with. My one experience with Mr. Marks was less than impressive .. .. I found him to be arrogant and neglectful UNLESS you were making a major purchase from him. He not only sells the Multi-Router, he owns most, if not all of the company.
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood

Dev:

I've always had good experiences with Highand Hardware, though I always deal with them in person, since I'm local. This is very atypical behavior from them. As others have suggested, I'd call and talk to Chris Bagby, the owner.
    Sam/Atlanta

Dev, you don't think they know you, do they?

Richard

Dev,

I am a wondering if you were thinking of Fuller plug cutters??

I just got their current catalog of 152 pages worth and I would recommend them very highly. I've been using their plug cutters, tapered drill bits and counterbores for some 30 years. Great stuff.

see them at www.wlfuller.com

Cheers,

Kent

geeze dev! i just bumped the local chain burger joint `cause some snot nosed kid with metal stuck in his face had an attitude at the drivethrough...not! .02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Boy Dev, it doesn't take much to get you upset and to write off an entire compnay does it. I suggest that you should be somewhat more tolerent of human lapses.

Tod, is that the kid whose face looks like he has been pulling butts on the grenade range? Richard Wolf; shame on you. (Tee Hee)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wolf
    Dev, you don't think they know you, do they?

Richard
    I dont think so because then they would know what I have purchased. That would change things in a hurry. My problem is I actually intend to use the item and expect it to work. Silly Me for believing in those old school, out moded beliefs!

By the way, I did find the outlet channel for Fisch and talked to them. Had to find it all by my self with a little assistance from Mr. Albert Gore! They set me up with my one broken item and are replacing it a la the Snap On guarantee and sent me over to another Fish dealer who moves a bunch of stuff.

Turns out, the plug cutter I was looking for is a plug/tenon cutter. Slightly different than those tapered jobies. No worries. I am set up and ready to go once again. It confirms my belief in Fisch!
    Last edited by Dev Emch; 04-03-2006 at 9:44 PM.
    Had the dog not stopped to go to the bathroom, he would have caught the rabbit.

Response from Highland Hardware CEO

I am the Internet Content editor and editor of the Wood News Online e-newsletter at Highland Hardware. I came upon this post and I would like to forward the following on behalf of our CEO:

Mr. Emch -

We get it right most of the time, but apparently not this time. This is a tough, competitive business and we can’t afford even one unhappy customer, so I hope we may get a chance to correct the situation.

We are still building this small business one customer at a time, and every woodworker is important to our success. Highland Hardware has been serving the woodworking community for 27 years and we try our best every day, but we’ve obviously let you down – for that I am sorry.

I would like to know more about what happened, and would like the opportunity to speak with you if you would like to contact me at lbales@highland-hardware.com.

Thank you,

L. Bales, CEO