Thread: Interesting On-line auction - big iron

Red face Interesting On-line auction - big iron

I just stumbled across this when doing a search. A honkin' big bandsaw, or maybe a 50 hp dust collector

http://www.irsauctions.com/index.asp

Interesting place to poke around.

You will see a number of big furniture plants that have closed up shop.

And a disclaimer, I know nothing about these folks, just happened on it!

(Edited per Corey's suggestion. Thanks Corey, I didn't mean to be advertising for them, just had so much fun wasting an hour poking around on their site wanted to share it with others.)
    Last edited by Rob Wilson; 04-04-2006 at 6:59 PM.

Your bandsaw link didn't work???

yes, i search that site often and just bought my first machine from thier auction site.

Rob your link will be jerked as soon as a mod sees it. Please edit your post to remove the direct link to the auction listing....they are not allowed at SMC per the TOS. (Terms of Service) Rather, just reference the auction number for folks to look up on their own.

Regards,

Corey

I have bought from these folks before and you have to be wise when considering where the machine has been. furniture factory machines often require pretty extensive rebuilding. The good news is that they are usually still running and not a complete bucket of rust like you get with the gov auctions

Quote Originally Posted by lou sansone
    I have bought from these folks before and you have to be wise when considering where the machine has been. furniture factory machines often require pretty extensive rebuilding. The good news is that they are usually still running and not a complete bucket of rust like you get with the gov auctions
    Yup! But the thing about gov auctions that they forgot to tell you is that often your buying a kit or collection of castings. They start out as a machine but then they sit in a yard open to the weather for a few years and de-evolve into a kit. Massive re-assembly required.
    Had the dog not stopped to go to the bathroom, he would have caught the rabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Pionk
    Rob your link will be jerked as soon as a mod sees it. Please edit your post to remove the direct link to the auction listing....they are not allowed at SMC per the TOS. (Terms of Service) Rather, just reference the auction number for folks to look up on their own.

Regards,

Corey
    Corey, I can't see where in the TOS it says posting links to auctions is prohibited. I know from watching here that there is some issue with posting links to eBay listings, but even that isn't clearly stated:

3. External Linking
    Links to other websites are allowed in posts. In fact, they are
    encouraged. However, links for the sole purpose of marketing,
    generating traffic to a site, or any other commercial advertisement deemed to solicit commercial benefit are not allowed. Links to other public or private forums are not allowed. Links should be submitted as references, for the sole purpose of generating or supporting discussions on SawMill Creek.

As I understand this rule, one cannot post links to their own auctions "
    for the sole purpose of marketing, generating traffic to a site, or any other commercial advertisement deemed to solicit commercial benefit", but linking to an auction to say "hey folks, looks what I just found" should be OK. Of course, the mods may correct me if I'm wrong in this interpretation.

Not trying to start any brouhaha, but just wanted to point out my observation.

- Vaughn
    Last edited by Vaughn McMillan; 04-05-2006 at 12:19 AM.

I bought my MM slider through these guys and was very happy with the results.