Thread: What Kind of 20 Inch BandSaw does David Marks Have

What Kind of 20 Inch BandSaw does David Marks Have

Question for you tool heads. What kind of Bandsaw does David Marks have? The big Blue one he uses to resaw boards I cannot Identify it and clues ? It looks very stout and seems to resaw well.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Roman
    Question for you tool heads. What kind of Bandsaw does David Marks have? The big Blue one he uses to resaw boards I cannot Identify it and clues ? It looks very stout and seems to resaw well.

Ben
    I recall it being identified as an American. This is old USA IRON that he restored. If your looking for an equal or better saw, try out a Yates Y-20 or Y-30 (newer model or snowflake), a tannewitz or one of the olivers. The oliver 217 is a 30 inch saw now much larger than David's American but its a resaw monster for its size! The yates snowflakes need no introduction. Trees quiver in the shadow of one!
    Had the dog not stopped to go to the bathroom, he would have caught the rabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev Emch
    I recall it being identified as an American. This is old USA IRON that he restored. If your looking for an equal or better saw, try out a Yates Y-20 or Y-30 (newer model or snowflake), a tannewitz or one of the olivers. The oliver 217 is a 30 inch saw now much larger than David's American but its a resaw monster for its size! The yates snowflakes need no introduction. Trees quiver in the shadow of one!

Trees shiver?........heck, someone showed us a pic of as snowflake here awhile ago and I was shivering. Thats a big a** saw!
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Hi Ben,

I just took a class with David last month. The big blue saw is a Delta-Rockwell 20" he rebuilt, he also has his original 14" Delta that he's had for over 26 years and he just acquired a MiniMax 36" bandsaw, the "Centauro" version of a really big saw. I would hate to see his electric bill. He seems like a very nice man, really talented and just one of the guys.

Rye Crane

Thanks for the Information. I want to take a class with him. He seems down to earth kinda guy.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Rye Crane
    Hi Ben,

I just took a class with David last month. The big blue saw is a Delta-Rockwell 20" he rebuilt, he also has his original 14" Delta that he's had for over 26 years and he just acquired a MiniMax 36" bandsaw, the "Centauro" version of a really big saw. I would hate to see his electric bill. He seems like a very nice man, really talented and just one of the guys.

Rye Crane
    You may be right on this one. The jointer is an American Patternmaker. But I do have to scratch my head a bit as the upper guard assembly doesnt really look like a Deta/Rockwell. Been a while since I spied this puppy so I may be very wrong on it. Personally, I am a yates/oliver/tanny guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rios
    Trees shiver?........heck, someone showed us a pic of as snowflake here awhile ago and I was shivering. Thats a big a** saw!
    Nahhhhhhhh, that was a toy you saw. Your talking about Reg's Y-36 Snowflake. Close to 4000 pounds worth.....

I have seen a Yates Y-42 Snowflake. Now that is a big saw. Story has it the bracket on the back is for the anchor chain on the USS Nimitz!

Hi ya Mark is this what your talking about