Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who makes the best resaw blades?

Who makes the best resaw blades?

I have been using suffolk blades made from silicone steel. But I have seen other companies listed. I also saw two mentions of note about this Trimaster blade. So who makes the best resaw blades in your own humble opinions? Todd and Mark... why the trimaster and where do you guys go to find them?
    Had the dog not stopped to go to the bathroom, he would have caught the rabbit.

dev, lennox makes the trimaster. i`ve only tried one blade from suffolk so far and it`s a demolition blade so i can`t comment on their regular resaw blades. trimaster blades are carbide tipped so be prepared for sticker shock! i noticed suffolk carries a carbide blade also that i`d be interested in hearing user comments on...02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Dev,

I've had great luck with the woodslicer from highland hardware, very smooth, very sharp. I have not had good luck with the timberwolf blades.

Olson's are ok.

I've never used the trimaster or a bi-metal blade.

I only hve a 14" bandsaw so I do all my resawing with a 1/2" 3-4 tpi blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev Emch
    I have been using suffolk blades made from silicone steel. But I have seen other companies listed. I also saw two mentions of note about this Trimaster blade. So who makes the best resaw blades in your own humble opinions? Todd and Mark... why the trimaster and where do you guys go to find them?

I use the Laguna's Resaw King which is a carbide tiped blade but, it runs about $100+ each.

I do not own one but the carbide tipped blades cut amazingly clean. I saw the cut from a MM16 (tiny in your book ) and it veneer looked like it came from TS cut. Very light sanding and you were ready to go If I had a bigger BS I would get one of these... but they are very pricey
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Barton
    I use the Laguna's Resaw King which is a carbide tiped blade but, it runs about $100+ each.
    Chris, where do you get those for $100? I thought they cost about $200-$250.

I've been planning to get the Woodslicer from Highland Hardware. Even though it's not as wide as my saw will take, Mike Wenzloff speaks highly of it and said the cut is pretty close to the Resaw King.

It seemed to me the price of the Resaw King was higher though, it could be worth consider if the price was that much less than I thought, especially if they have a 1 1/2" blade.

I just got my bandsaw recentely, and haven't done too much cutting on it yet, but was able to cut a 1/16" slice from a 3" wide piece of purple heart.
    --
    Life is about what your doing today, not what you did yesterday! Seize the day before it sneaks up and seizes you!

Alan - http://www.traditionaltoolworks.com:8080/roller/aland/

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans
    dev, lennox makes the trimaster. i`ve only tried one blade from suffolk so far and it`s a demolition blade so i can`t comment on their regular resaw blades. trimaster blades are carbide tipped so be prepared for sticker shock! i noticed suffolk carries a carbide blade also that i`d be interested in hearing user comments on...02 tod
    So who sells the lennox trimaster blades?

i get `em from minimax..
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

I've tried a lot of blades over the years from the Woodslicer to the Timberwolf as I resaw exotics and figured woods almost daily. One of the suppliers of my exotics recommended Hakansson blades a couple years ago and I have yet to use any blade that will match their quality and they are less than Timberwolf to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan DuBoff
    Chris, where do you get those for $100? I thought they cost about $200-$250.
    I buy mine from Laguna.

11. Hi Chris,

The last ResawKing for my Jet 18" was somewhere north of $165. 133" length.

Dev,

The Lennox Trimaster are simply very good blades. I would rate them higher than the Laguna ResawKing both in quality of cut and longevity.

But, the reason I use the WoodSlicers most is that I can use 6-7 of them up before I arrive at the cost of the others. Aside form how well they cut and the finished surface left behind [very good] they are quite cutting. Their hype about the lower decibel is pretty correct.

Take care, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Andy London
    I've tried a lot of blades over the years from the Woodslicer to the Timberwolf as I resaw exotics and figured woods almost daily. One of the suppliers of my exotics recommended Hakansson blades a couple years ago and I have yet to use any blade that will match their quality and they are less than Timberwolf to boot.
    So who sells the Hakansson blades?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wenzloff
    Hi Chris,

The last ResawKing for my Jet 18" was somewhere north of $165. 133" length.
    Thanks for making a more accurate post on the price Mike, I knew it was more than a "C-note" that's why I said $100+. When things cost more than $100 I just close my eyes and sign the check .

14. Quote Originally Posted by Dev Emch
    So who sells the Hakansson blades?
    Google is your friend, Dev:

http://martinmetsupply.com/Saw%20Blades.htm

was the first hit.

Take care, Mike

15. Yes, and I just checked. ~$198 for the 133". Looking at a past invoice, I paid $187.

But they are advertising 20% off the ResawKing right now...The Lennox are similar.

Take care, Mike