Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who makes the best resaw blades?

The Hakansson Home page is http://www.hakansaw.com/

Andy, which blade are you using? I could not tell which one to select
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wenzloff
    Yes, and I just checked. ~$198 for the 133". Looking at a past invoice, I paid $187.

But they are advertising 20% off the ResawKing right now...The Lennox are similar.

Take care, Mike
    well I guess my 232" blade would be pretty pricey - fortunatly I was able to find a new lenox carbide tiped blade for about 25 bucks on ebay. It cut ok, but I would have been quite disapointed if I had spent something like 400 on a single blade
    lou

Quote Originally Posted by Dev Emch
    So who sells the Hakansson blades?
    Only Hakansson, Their Canadian warehouse is located here in Halifax, massive operation, I believe they also have one somewhere in the New England states, send me a PM as to what you are looking for and I will get you a price, I get them wholesale through my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Ballent
    The Hakansson Home page is http://www.hakansaw.com/

Andy, which blade are you using? I could not tell which one to select
    I use the Silco line, it can be confusing as they have so many. What I did was ask my exotic supplier what they use and went with them. I think my cost CDN $$ is around $17.00 and I am here to tell ya these things last like you would not believe. Even is cutting blanks for the young fellows turnings.

I use the Resaw King on my MM20. The 1 1/4 sells for $1.50 per inch, that comes to $250.00. The real problem is If you have nothing to compare it to, you never really know how good it is?

Richard

Dev. My plug is for the Lennox Tri Master 2-3 vari pitch blade. I use a 1" blade on my Rikon, but don't you have a 36" Oliver, or is it a Yates? I'm not sure my choice would be your best choice. There is a lot of difference between saws
    The TriMaster is a very nice blade. It is a bit pricey though. Lennox also has the Bi-Metal blade in the same tooth configuration. It's about 1/3 the cost of a Tri Master, but if you are going to resaw, and then plane or sand for a final finish, you may not need a blade the quality of a TRi Master, and the Bi-Metal may suffice

The Lennox trimaster is it! I think Starrett has a very similar blade. Another good one for less money is the Lenox Bimetal
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

The last ResawKing for my Jet 18" was somewhere north of $165. 133" length.
    Mike, I'm looking on the site right now, and the 1 1/4" ResawKing is $1.50/in, so for my Jet 18x (137", they added the extra in cutting height I think, from the prior model) is about $205.
    But, the reason I use the WoodSlicers most is that I can use 6-7 of them up before I arrive at the cost of the others. Aside form how well they cut and the finished surface left behind [very good] they are quite cutting. Their hype about the lower decibel is pretty correct.
    The reason I'm gonna order a WoodSlicer is that you reccomend it!

I figure if you can't trust a saw maker in regards to a saw blade, who can you trust?
    --
    Life is about what your doing today, not what you did yesterday! Seize the day before it sneaks up and seizes you!

Alan - http://www.traditionaltoolworks.com:8080/roller/aland/

Dev,
    I have a 14" bandsaw and I am using an Olsen 5/8" 4 tooth blade for resawing. It has worked good for me so far.
    I asked about Timberwolf blades at my local Rockler and are they that much better than the Olsen blades that Rockler sells. Two Rockler reps and a cupple of other customers told me Timberwolf blades are way better. I'll buy a set of them when I get a round to buying the 6" riser for my band saw.
    I understand that the carbide tipped blades don't do well on the smaller saws like the 14" to 16" saws.

Hi Dev,

I buy my blades from a local saw shop that welds the blades up right there.

Here is the link to contact Lenox to find a dealer near you.
    http://www.lenoxsaw.com/contactus.html
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

I've pretty much swiched over exclusively to Lenox blades. I've been using a bi-metal and just took delivery of a trimaster carbide for my 18" Bridgewood BS from Louis Iturra that cost 160.00 delivered. I resawed a 7/8 thick X 36" L piece of ebony in half without leaving a sawmark. Amazing.

Go to Carbide.com they carry lennox blades all types.
    "Create a Vision...then make it a reality" (Some Assembly Required)

Mike Palmer