Thread: Am I Going Crazy??

Am I Going Crazy??

I would have sworn that there was an option available to me the other day that has disappeared?? One thing that I have always disliked about this board is the fact that you can't go back and access posts by date......or, at least, if there is, I haven't figured out how to do it and when I inquired previously, no one else seemed to know how either.

Anyway, I thought I saw an option that would allow me to go back and look at all of the posts within the last 24 hours.....better than nothing... when I take too long to read all of the posts under the "NEW POST" option and exceed whatever the default time limit is and loose access to those posts. That option now seems to be gone.

I did just find another similar option under the "QUICK LINKS" menu; but I know this is not what I was accessing previously as I never go to the QL menu.

And another problem.....If I do select the "YESTERDAY" option in the QL menu, the feature that allows one to partially read the thread by placing the cursor on the topic title(don't remember what this is called) works just fine on the first page of list of threads; but does not work on any of the succeeding pages?? Is it just my computer or does the forum behave that way for everyone?? Thanks.

The only time I've seen a "all posts from last 24 hours" option was when I hit "new posts" and there weren't any.

Does the "today's posts" in the QL menu go back 24 hours or just to midnight?
    (Never mind, just checked: it's 24 hours more or less.)
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

It appears to go back 24 hours.

The only time I've seen a "all posts from last 24 hours" option was when I hit "new posts" and there weren't any.

Thanks, Lee. Maybe that is the answer. I am sometimes on here late at night when there is not a lot of activity.

In theory, you can do it with the Advanced Search feature....
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim: I've played with the advanced search feature quite a bit and have not discovered a method to accomplish the task. You(I) cannot do a blanket search for all topics within a certain time frame. I even tried entering wildcards in some of the fields.....something that is required on another site that I frequent. It appears that the search application requires some sort of a key word and will not function without one??

Good point, Randy...I hadn't tried it.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...