Thread: Grizzly's got me on back order!

Unhappy Grizzly's got me on back order!

Finally pulled the trigger and ordered a new table saw a couple weeks ago. It's the 1023SLW, which is the 1023SL with a router table extension. Only problem is that they cant give me an estimated ship date. For the past two weeks they keep telling me it will be 4 -6 weeks [IMG]images/icons/icon9.gif[/IMG]. They have the 1023S in stock and the router table extension as a separate accesory, but it will cost close to $200 more if I buy them separately. No doubt it's the router table extension that's causing the back order.

Anybody had this problem in the past? What is their normal back order time (if there is such a thing)??
    Hank

Hank

Grizzly has a habit of giving extended ship dates because port dates are very ify to allow enough time to receive stock. But they also have a habit of shipping way before that date. I ordered the G514X beginning of Mar 1 st, I received a ship date of 4/24 (7 weeks out). They shipped Mar 28. That was only 4 weeks after ordering
    How many times must I redo it to get it correct??

did you ask them to sell you a G1023SL and ship you the router table for free when it arrives? Remind them that the delta and bridgewood saws are looking mighty tempting

Hank I just ordered the G0490 jointer, same story here. It is on backorder and the CSR that e-mailed me said they usually fill the backorders in 4 to 6 weeks. The funny thing about this is I had a business trip to Bethlehem PA and was going to swing over to Muncy and maybe pick something up. Everything I asked about if they had in Muncy was out of stock I mean EVERYTHING. I asked about 3 jointers, 2 planers and NOTHING in stock. I had a vision of this 230,000 sq foot facility empty and the salesmen sweeping the floors and maybe playing a game of basketball in that empty stadium. Seems like those boats from China need a bigger engine.

There are really major shipping problems from Eastern exporters right now. I don't know what is going on, but our distributors (firearms and related product) are not getting 10% of what they normally do. It is distressing to the buyer, the reseller and the distributor. I don't know that there is anything we can do but wait. Maybe we shouldn't have sold out our manufacturing to them? Prices are great, product can be pretty good, but we are at their mercy.

David

This might be the reason your tools are backordered
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yup! There's the green crate!

I have the same situation. I ordered their new 2HP lathe a couple of weeks ago and they told me that I would not get it until sometime in July.
    They did the same thing to me when I tried to order an 8 inch jointer about 3 years ago. I settled for a different model and kick myself ever since. The rep on the phone at Grizzly tried to talk me into a different lathe but this time I just told them that I will buy a different brand.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose
    Yup! There's the green crate!
    BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

What beach is that? I could probably sail there and back before my back-ordered rub collar is scheduled to arrive... mid may.
    Bowclamp "good caul"

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Baucom
    Hank I just ordered the G0490 jointer, same story here. It is on backorder and the CSR that e-mailed me said they usually fill the backorders in 4 to 6 weeks. The funny thing about this is I had a business trip to Bethlehem PA and was going to swing over to Muncy and maybe pick something up. Everything I asked about if they had in Muncy was out of stock I mean EVERYTHING. I asked about 3 jointers, 2 planers and NOTHING in stock. I had a vision of this 230,000 sq foot facility empty and the salesmen sweeping the floors and maybe playing a game of basketball in that empty stadium. Seems like those boats from China need a bigger engine.
    You may wish to swing by anyway. 'same thing happened to me a year ago. I was driving through Bellingham on the way to Vancouver on business. I ordered a few things on the phone for pick-up in Bellingham, but got the same story: out of stock for 4-6 weeks. Well, I stopped in at HQ on the way back from Vancouver, and whatta you know, they had both of the tools in stock!

I ordered a G0490 on about 03/14/2006 and was told it was backordered and it was a 4-6 week wait and asked if I'd rather order a different 8" jointer. I said I'll wait the 4-6 weeks for the G0490. TWO days later I get a call from the frieght company telling me it ready to be delivered!! I told them I'd come pick it up. So my 4-6 weeks turned into 3 days!!! I was a little confused but happy at the same time!!!