Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shop Cabinets Finished! (PICS)

Nice work man, I need to visit your shop one of these days.
    The means by which an end is reached must exemplify the value of the end itself.

Way to go T.J. ! They look fantastic.......and the storage and organization!!! I love having a spot for everything.......even being called anal at times but I can work way quicker and more efficient when I am not wasting time looking for everything! You are going to love it when you get everything put away. Although a whole lot more work, drawers are, in my opinion, THE way to go! You will thank yourself a million times over for the effort you put into this.........now git out there and put some tools in it!

TJ nice execution. I really like the finish.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    Beautiful work and design!
    Thanks, Mark.
    But I can't take credit for the design. I built it from plans in AWW Jan. 05.
    T.J.
    Head Piddler, My Shop

Nice shop cabinets. I know that mine add a ton of storage to my shop. Enjoy!

T.J.

Very nice job on the cabinets. Simply Outstanding!

John
    Woodworking:
    "It's not just a hobby, it's an adventure."

They look GREAT, TJ!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Good looking cabinet TJ, to me drawers are the only way to go for storage. Cabinets with shelves always seem to hide things at least mine do while I somehow manage to keep the drawers pretty well organized, I even have four huge drawers for storing all my hand power tools.....don't have to worry about rolling up cords .
    David

Nice work, TJ!
    Mark

TJ those look excellent. I used MDF on my cab fronts and wished now that I had used plywood. You did a great job!

Corey

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley Bolster
    Way to go T.J. ! They look fantastic.......and the storage and organization!!! I love having a spot for everything.......even being called anal at times but I can work way quicker and more efficient when I am not wasting time looking for everything! You are going to love it when you get everything put away. Although a whole lot more work, drawers are, in my opinion, THE way to go! You will thank yourself a million times over for the effort you put into this.........now git out there and put some tools in it!
    I have seen some pictures of Shelley's workshop and I have to say it is more organized and cleaner than some surgical suites I have been in...

But, she is right TJ, you did a GREAT JOB!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley Bolster
    Thanks, Shelley!
    I couldn't agree more. For the past year, I've been using a bench I bought at an auction for $12. Its massive, heavy and it has served me very, very well during that time. But the storage underneath was two adjustable shelves and I added two sets of doors to the front. It works, but that space was always wasted because I hated getting in and out of it. Things hiding behind other things... So, at one point recently, it really clicked in my head: Drawers are the way to go. MUCH better, easier to see and more efficient. For me anyway. I like order. Alot.
    T.J.
    Head Piddler, My Shop

Looks really good TJ. Proud of ya!!

Blog Entries
    TJ,
    Great Job...
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Those pulls look familar. Care to share how you milled them up. Mine are a 1/2 cove with a round over on the top side but I am always looking for new ideas.

Run out and scratch one to get it out of the way. First one is the worst. I didn't even have mine done when I dinged it up.

Nice work

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"