Thread: My Second JessEm Miter Gauge

My Second JessEm Miter Gauge

I recently purchased a JessEm miter gauge at the Chantilly Va. woodworking show. I should have known that I might have problems when the rep said he had one in his car. When I finally opened it 2 days later, I noticed a shipping sticker from a True Value store to another store. There were 3 different types of packaging in the box. The head was filthy, and the handle was in an Ace zip lock bag. No instructions.

I called Fries, Beall and Sharp and was assured I would be called back. I sent emails to JessEm.

Now, here's where it gets strange. I work in the new Tractor Supply store in White Plains, Md. Guy comes up to me one day, says I look familiar, asks if I'm a woodworker. I say Yes, maybe he has seen me at a tool show. Turns out he works at Fries, Beall and Sharp, about 90 min. away. He was at the Chantilly show, and he had the email and was going to call me! Small world!! He ends up bringing me a brand new miter gauge, which is packaged in a cardboard tray with everything in it's place.

I haven't had much time to play with it, but I can tell already that I'm going to love it.

Larry

You must have some really good karma going for you Larry. Glad everything worked out for the best.

Tractor Supply is a pretty cool store. They just opened one about 2 miles from the house. They do need to resupply the electric fence section. It got cleaned out within a week of openeing. Lot's of big critters up here.

Congratulations Larry! I got that miter gauge (in a new box ) about a month ago at the Toronto Woodworking Show and I quite like it.

JessEm seems to make quality stuff. But, I did not get any answer to the two emails that I sent them. Did they reply to you and, if so, were the responses appropriate?