Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The temporary gloat?

The temporary gloat?

Well one week ago I recieved my MiniMax FS 41 Elite S jointer/planer/ mortiser....I think it was the first delivered in the US of this new bigger model. So new that the guys at MiniMax didn't know what was coming.... I ordered the new 87" bed model with an electric /digital planer bed. What arrived was the corect model, but with a manual crank planner bed and no digital readout indicator. First they said I got what I ordered and after I found some old emails with the specs sent from MM...they said I was correct and a new machine was on the water and only 2 weeks away. The problem is that the electric bed is only available on 3 phase and I have single phase power. The solution is they will furnish me with a phase converter! Which gets me back to what I ordered. It is down to which phase converter....the model they have agreed to send me requires an extra disconnect at the unit. After talking to Larry Katz of Kay Industries...he suggested the "R" model which includes the disconnect in the unit. I am hoping that MiniMax will pay the extra $300 for that unit since I am in for much more electrical expense...unpackaging work and expense (I needed 2 helpers) and I have waited 4 months for a machine that is different than the one I ordered. I think they will do the right thing and get me the complete phase converter. I still will need to run anew circuit from the sub panel. One thing I must say, unlike many machine companies...they are responsive and seem willing to help...I will keep you updated on the customer service.
    The Machine:
    Solid...87" bed length..16" wide capacity....very smooth.(I am running it on a temp power circuit)...great Tersa Cutter head... The hand crank is low near the floor and I am looking forward to the electric bed. It is very nice in my modest shop that the footprint is compact for such a large machine...it takes less space than my DJ20 and Jet Planner..Since I am on temporary power, I really can't use this model until the electrician runs the new circuit and then he must come agin for the new machine and phase converter...
    The saga continues.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark Singer; 04-17-2006 at 11:38 PM.
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Good Luck with your customer service issues Mark! For that kind of money you should be treated well and receive what you ordered or treated very nicely or both.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

All I can say is..............WHOA!!!

Ok, I'll say this too.....WTG Mark. Very, Very nice.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

mark,
    Ya done good. If I can help ya with the electrics please feel free to contact me.

Don

That's some pretty awesome machinery. Congrats on the serious new tool. I look forward to hearing how it all works out with MM.

hi mark
    wow... very nice indeed.... I am sure it will be a great addition to your shop. best wishes and like the others have said, we are waiting for a report on its performance

lou

7. Geez, that is one sweet machine!

I think the West coast just tipped a bit lower

Looks like a fantastic machine!

Cheers!

Mark,
    Congradulations on your new MM. I received my 410 Elite about a year ago. MM will do every thing they say and then some. You are going to enjoy the 16" capacity. Be sure to order the Euro guard.

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Buckley; 04-18-2006 at 7:33 AM.

nice score mark! the guys at mm are no trouble, never have heard anything but good. you`re gonna love the tersa head! .02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Great anchor for earth quakes and mud slides. I hear it's great for WW too .
    Congrats Mark
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Awesome, dude!!! I know it's been a long time in the works!!! Hopefully, MM will make everything good for you and worthy of such a long wait. Now, judging from the one picture, this Porsche of a J/P appears to be where your DJ20 and Jet planer used to live. Where in the heck did you put those two pieces????
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Thats it time for an upgrade......yours has prettier buttons...but then what can you expect from a "Cali boy"

Mark, congratulations on your large jointer/planer. I wish you good luck at getting the electrical glitch sorted out.

Ya mon!! Now, that's a machine worthy of your incredible shop...a great view outside and now a great view inside!!

Congrats on the new J/P and I have no doubt that Sam and Jim and everyone else will take good care of you.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Mark, is there a DJ-20 for sale? Nice machine!