Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Walnut night stands done (pics)

Very nice work Rick,

Very beautiful Rick. You do some very nice work. I've seen these in person before they were finished. They were pretty then, but now? They are Beautimus!!!!! Hey Rick....did you use the Walnut that we cut and sanded here for the veneer? Looks great if you did. Looks GREAT even if you didn't.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Nice work, Rick. Central Arkansas is just flowing with talented WW'ers. Hopefully I will get to meet you one of these days.
    The means by which an end is reached must exemplify the value of the end itself.

Wonderful. You have alot of talent, from the design to the wood selection to the finish. Please post the other peices when you complete them.

Tim

Man! Those are beautiful pieces of funiture! You can buy ones like that in a furniture store, well done Rick.

Thanks for all the great comments. Sorry I have not posted replies but I have been out of town and the computer I was on could not log on to sawmillcreek so I couldn't post.

Dennis: yes those are the boards we sanded on your drum sander...Thanks. I have a project in mind for the burl you gave me just need to finish this bedroom set first.

Barry Bruner:Yes I did them on the band saw like Lonnie. I did some others on the table saw and wanted to try it this way to see which I liked best. I like doing them on the bandsaw the best.

again thanks for the wonderful comments.

Rick
    There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Blaise
    Man! Those are beautiful pieces of funiture! You can buy ones like that in a furniture store, well done Rick.
    Ron, don't you mean "you can not buy ones like that in a furniture store"? If you know of a furniture store that sells goods with this kind of quality, then you know of a very very good furniture store?

Rick,
    Great work! How long did it take you to make them.How many pieces are you going to make for the full set? I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of them. I like walnut, its one of my favorite wood. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pellow
    Ron, don't you mean "you can not buy ones like that in a furniture store"? If you know of a furniture store that sells goods with this kind of quality, then you know of a very very good furniture store?
    I believe that is what he meant. Like I say listen to what I mean not what I say.

There is a furniture store here that sells stuff as good as I could build. Raised panel backs on the shelving area, dovetailed drawers, beautiful fit and finish. When I looked at the price tag I needed an ambulance. I could pay myself 50 bucks and hour and come out ahead I think.

Nice work by the way and what bit did you use for the edging. I like that a lot.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

Very nice work. I'm getting interested now in using Walnut in my next project...Nice job!!
    Jerry

Walnut Night Stands

Rick, thanks for the additional info on the feet. Seeing a piece of furniture that good makes everyone want to start on something tommorow. Can`t wait to see more of your pics. THANKS AGAIN BARRY BRUNER

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bruno
    Rick,
    Great work! How long did it take you to make them.How many pieces are you going to make for the full set? I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of them. I like walnut, its one of my favorite wood. Thanks for sharing!
    It took 2-3 months to build. I need to keep track of how long something takes but I just do the woodworking then later can't really remember when I started... must be getting old
    I plan on making, along with the night stands, a chest of drawers, blanket chest, sleigh bed, and an 18th century style slant desk.

Thanks for the nice comments,

rick
    There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.