Thread: Ceramic thrust bearing for my Grizzly G0568 BS

Ceramic thrust bearing for my Grizzly G0568 BS

Anyone know where I can get a set of ceramic Thrust Bearings for my Grizzly GO568 bandsaw?

Klingspor and Woodworkers Supply both have them in their catalogs. Something like $18.95, as I recall...

Grizzley? They should be happy to sell you some.

I spoke with Grizzly, and they don't sell them.

Jim, is Klingspor online? I can't find them. Are they the sandpaper folks?

All the ceramic bearings (washers actually) that I'm finding, are for 14" saws, and won't really work for my 24" saw.

These pictures are of the style I need. The ceramic "washer" is the white part, for those unfamiliar.

Inside diameter where the shaft goes is 12mm Outside diameter of the bearing is 32mm Thickness of bearing is 10mm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, Laguna has a ceramic side- & thrust-bearing product they're very proud of. They put it on their 24" saws, so it should work on yours too. However, it isn't in that $20 price range Jim mentions.

Ya, I'm not too interested in the Laguna product.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee Martin
    ...Inside diameter where the shaft goes is 12mm Outside diameter of the bearing is 32mm Thickness of bearing is 10mm
    Yeah, the ones for the 14" saws are 30mm OD & 10mm ID, so they won't fit your saw. That's what WW Supply & Klingspor have. Sorry.

Not that it'll do you much good in this instance, but Klingspor's website is Http://www.woodworkingshop.com

What is the advantage of ceramic?

Hi Dee Dee,

You may want to call Luis Iturra, Iturra Designs. 888-722-7078 or 904-642-2802 Jacksonville, Fl. He has an great catalogue mainly for the 14" saws but also sells other supplies and is quite knowlegable. I know he also sells the cool block replacement guides for the euro style guide systems.

Best of Luck,
    Rye Crane

Great idea Rye. Years ago, I bought some ceramic guides for my 24" minimax, and for the life of me I can't remember where I got them....but I'll bet it was from Luis. Thanks for his phone number.

12. Hello,
    I am thinking about purchasing the G0568 so I am just curious what you think of the stock guides on the saw? I see your changing over to Ceramic thrust bearing for your Grizzly G0568 BS.
    Best Regards