Thread: Night Stands "Finally Finished"

Night Stands "Finally Finished"

I posted a couple of progress shots last month. Several members asked me to post the finished pictures, so here goes. I finished them one at a time, the other one is already in use, so this is the last one to be finished. Scratch built from my own plans, so if it's out of proportion, or lacking in style, it's all my fault.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks really nice Jim!!

Bill these night stands look great what wood did you use & what finish did you use on them.

I really enjoy seeing these kind of projects especially when they are the builders own design.

So what do you'all think of Bill's design & skill everyone?

Awesome
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch
    Bill these night stands look great what wood did you use & what finish did you use on them.

I really enjoy seeing these kind of projects especially when they are the builders own design.

So what do you'all think of Bill's design & skill everyone?

Awesome
    Bart, Thanks for the reply, I was not looking for compliments, only comments so I might improve my skills.

The wood used was quarter sawn red oak, finished with General Finishes "Spiced Walnut" oil stain, topcoated with Deft semi gloss brushing lacquer thinned appx 10% for spraying. I sprayed the project with a 4 stage turbine using an Accuspray #10 spray gun.

Thanks for asking,

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bills
    Bart, Thanks for the reply, I was not looking for compliments, only comments so I might improve my skills.

The wood used was quarter sawn red oak, finished with General Finishes "Spiced Walnut" oil stain, topcoated with Deft semi gloss brushing lacquer thinned appx 10% for spraying. I sprayed the project with a 4 stage turbine using an Accuspray #10 spray gun.

Thanks for asking,

Jim
    Bill - I too, think these nightstands deserve a compliment or two.. They are very nice....

I do, however, like these sort of things "up a few inches" off the floor - like sitting on a base with some type of leg or foot....just my design taste...

Well done!

I kinda thought they were red oak but wasn't really sure. The finish you used makes they look like the may have been fumed. Great work, good design & fine finish.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

7. Quote Originally Posted by Roy Wall
    Bill - I too, think these nightstands deserve a compliment or two.. They are very nice....

I do, however, like these sort of things "up a few inches" off the floor - like sitting on a base with some type of leg or foot....just my design taste...

Well done!
    Very nice Jim!

I too like the up from the floor idea, like Roy, but SWMBO vetoed that, seems if it is on the floor, she don't feel the need to vacuum under it

Love that QS wood. I've been using some QS Ash, and it is so nice!

Cheers!

Nice work...Looks good. I too prefer off the floor but just IMHO. Good job...Thanx for pics
    Jerry

Very well executed. Nice grain too.

I have a question though:
    How do you expect to get any sleep in your front yard??

Very nice. I especially like the side panels and the finish.

Mike

I love the color and finish. Great job
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic