Thread: Grizzly G0490

Grizzly G0490

Message deleted and all its contents
    Last edited by Marty Baucom; 05-11-2006 at 8:33 PM.

I certainly would give them more than one day before pulling the plug...and no I would not live with it either. Give them a call in the morning....and be nice. They did not intentionally give you a defective jointer.

Placitas, NM in the foothills of the Sandia Mountain.

Let them make it right.

First of all, the defect is totally unacceptable. Living with it is not an option. Having said that, I think everyone should have a chance to make their mistakes right. Decide how long you can wait, and when they finally do call you back, say you want a new machine within that time period or a full refund and cost of shipping back

Personally, I have had mixed experiences with Grizzly. First product I bought was what you would expect for the price and I am happy with it. Second (and last) purchase was a total piece of cr** and their response was pretty much 'well, what did you expect for that price?' I could have done better at Harbor Freight

But I do know that Grizzly has lots of happy customers out there, so I hope they come through for you.

Let us know what happens!

That sucks!!!! Well it is hard to help you decide what to do because we aren't in your position. I like grizzly tools so i would let them try to make it right and hopefully you can get something free out of it. . What ever you decide let us know and post some pics. Good luck. Josh

Give them a chance to correct their mistake. But be firm. Tell them what you expect. I think they'll correct it for you..
    Jerry

Marty,

I have the GO490 and my beds are absolutely perfect. They are so flat that I cannot slip a feeler gauge underneath a 48" straighedge at any point and they are very smooth.

You just got a bad one. The people in Asia should have caught it before it was ever shipped. I am sure that the Grizzly people over here never even got a look at it. It sounds like that they are going to make it right for you. I am sure that they will ship you out another one right away. You may have to call them again.

I would hate to see you give it up as it is a great machine for the money when you get a good one.

Good Luck!!!!!

Allen

Call them again. I worked in Quality Control for a manufacturer and worked closely with Customer Service. They can get bogged down and forget to call back right away. Call them and tell them you were told you would be called that day. Be nice but be firm. They will respond. As was said before, they did not try to send you a bad one, it just worked out that way.

I have a grizzly jointer and could not be happier with mine.

I have to agree with everyone else in the Creek (big surprise). My first Grizzly purchase had a defect and they sent me a new machine and paid return shipping for the defective one. The only additional cost to me was time, but I ended up with a fine machine at a great price.

That said, paying hard earned money and getting a lemon is never fun. I bought a Delta mortiser through Amazon and it arrived with broken cast iron! One email and they had a replacement sent next day FedEx and paid return shipping on the broken unit.

I have confidence in Grizzly that they will get you a new machine as soon as they can.
    Jeremy Gibson

Most of my tools are Grizzly. I shop value for my budget range. And, for the most part, Griz is the winner. A recent purchase, the G0505 12 1/2" planer is an example. A honkin' powerful, good tool in a compact package. Works great. Except: the overheat protection switch is a mite too sensitive and the tool will shut down when you least want it too. Grizzly sent me a replacement switch but changing it out would challenge my ability and I don't want to screw up a new machine still under warranty. This week, I'll take it up to Springfield, MO for them to fix. If they can't do it while I wait they will ship to my home at their expense. Issues do arise, but I am happy with Grizzly. A word of caution, not all of their tech support people are fully knowledgable. If a reply is not completely sastisfactory (politely) press for a more complete explanation. All their people are friendly and want to help.

Give them a chance to fix it. They will. I recently bought my wife new highend LG washer and dryer, paid way more than I would have ever imagined I would. After one week the washer started acting up. I called LG and they told me to unplug for 30 minutes and replug in, that will fix the problem. Tried it, nope didn't work. The next day i went into Best Buy, told them, they asked if I wanted to have a service tech come out, said nope, wanted a new one delivered. Two days later I have a new one and the old one is LG's or BB's issue. I knew what would make it right for me and wouldn't accept any less. In this case, grizzley should send you a new top portion, if the base is fine you should not have to replace that.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

I'm glad they came through for you. I don't recall many instances that have been posted here which weren't resolved to the customer's satisfaction. Get that thing together and show us the pic's!

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Baucom
    ... Guys here at Sawmillcreek you don't know the power of this forum ...
    I believe that the Grizzly CEO monitors the woodworking forums, and ensures that things are ironed out to the Customer's satisfaction. Congratulations!

Al