Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

"Weekend Doin's"

It's Friday again. Cinco de Mayo at that. Margarita's for everyone.

So what's on the agenda for the next couple of days?

If you celebrate Cinco de Mayo tonight, Saturday could be a recovery day.

It's grand-daughter's B-Day Sunday. Having a party for her Saturday with a bunch of her friends and relatives. 12 this year. 12 months until the big 13. Don't think much unpacking will get done this weekend.

Have a good weekend and keep it safe.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Mornin Karl.
    Splashing the boat this weekend. Heading up after lunch.
    Planning a lite rail bar crawl next weekend. Going to do a dry run on Sunday .
    Have a good one.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Mowing for the 2nd time, working on some electrical "stuff" for the shop, probably taking my dad out to dinner for his birthday tomorrow, and hopefully getting started on a jewelry box for my daughter.

The electrical stuff is pretty geeky. I currently have a PLC (programmable logic controller used in industrial equipment) that I use with some software I wrote to allow me to remotely control the heating/AC in my shop. I aquired a new controller which will do more stuff so I'm going to be doing the programming on that. I deal with industrial IT at work, so its a chance to deal with some parts of the process that I don't normally get to do and customers love hearing about "cool" stuff that you've done with the technology that you are selling them.

No WWing for me. I leave for Atlanta Saturday morning where I'll be at a conference until Wednesday. At least I can hit Highland Hardware and Woodcraft while there.

Now that my shop rehab has reached completion, I have to move on to some honey do's around the house. Plan on pressure washing the screen porch and painting the screen panes. If there is any time left, I hope to turn a couple of pens on the lathe for upcoming graduation gifts.

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!

We are supposed to have a neighborhood yardsale tomorrow a.m., but the weather is looking like that will be a washout. The in-laws are having a big Kentucky Derby party Saturday afternoon/evening, so we will be heading down the road for that in the afternoon.

I have a TS3650 box in the back of my truck that is calling for me to open it. As soon as I can find someone to help me get it from my truck to the basement (and I can clear enough space in the basement to set it up) I have a feeling that will take up a good part of my weekend! Unfortunately, the yard sale was supposed to help with providing the above mentioned space. It really is amazing how much 'stuff' you can accumulate!

Its a poker table weekend.

8 sided as you can see. Its tough to get all the angles perfect so Im working on that. Its 1" thick figured oak.

Need to check out some walnut lumber

In the rough!!!!
    I really don't need the lumber but I don't want to see it go to waste..
    so I guess I will have to get busy and fire up the mill
    Now just have to find a place to store it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hope to finish up the WWing part of the grandfather clock I've been working on and get everything finish sanded. Sunday plan on visiting with my mom and taking care of some things for her.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

(Forgot to say in the original post that what I will be doing on the clock involves "spinny" work, making the columns beside the door. The folks over in the turner forum probably smell another victim of the abyss......never happen!!! )
    Last edited by David Duke; 05-05-2006 at 9:28 AM.
    David

Will be finishing up the finish on the baby cradle tonight and tomorrow. Then starting work on the change table then dinner and a movie with my wife for her 22nd Birthday. (Shes 8 months pregnant) Going to see MI:3 on opening weekend...this should be fun.

We are leaving for vacation in Curacao a little later this morning. Be back in a week, hopefully rested and tan.

The girls' school is having a fair tomorrow, so I suspect we'll be spending some time there. The younger also has a birthday party to attend on Sunday, and the older will be at her swimming lessons. Should I get lucky to have some free time, it will likely be spending quality time with a front-end loader preparing an area for the play gym set we ordered the other day...and if I'm really, really lucky, I may try to air out the shop and putter around a bit.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Sons first communion is Sat, I have family in town who I havent seen in a few years, sister, mom, and inlaw.

I hope to be able to work on the cyclone for a few hours. I am working on the filter.
    Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

We will going to Louisville for the Derby again this year, and will probably not pick the winner, but it will be a great time, and they are predicting beautiful weather at the track, so life will be good, and a good time will be had by all.
    If you have never been there you should try to make it at least once, it's the party of all parties. Will take the next day to rest up.
    Chuck
    Last edited by Charles Hans; 05-05-2006 at 9:46 AM.

Hope to complete the woodworking work on a ottoman/blanket chest for my soon-to-be-born son's room. I'd like to get the stain and a coat of BLO on it by Sunday night. We'll see how that goes. The wifey wants to go to a arts and crafts festival downtown. The good news is that there are usually some very fine woodworkers down there making boxes and such.

Tim