Thread: Dust collector PVC pipe in Dallas Area

Thumbs up Dust collector PVC pipe in Dallas Area

Well, it is a case of good news and bad news.

First the good news. I was at a local sod sales place just north of US380 and the end of the Dallas toll road extension. While there, I noticed a John Deere Landscaping "store" across the street. (Heck, JD is getting to be as pervasive and Microsoft. ) I stopped in with tape measure in hand and checked the inventory in the side lot. Low and behold, there it was astm 2729, 6" diameter. And there was several full bundles of it

Now the bad news. I went in the sales office and talked to a helpful salesman who looked up the prices. Well, a 10' length with belled end was a rousing $23.79 A sanitary wye was another $17+ . OUCH on both parts....

I guess I will continue to look around the area to see if I can find another place to get the 2729 pipe. I have one more lead to check.

I know this pipe is hard to find in the Dallas area, so I thought I would mention this find.

Standard disclaimers apply....
    Best Regards, Ken

Well, Ken, let's try this...

..I might have a job that calls for 130,20'x 6" PVC. I'll pay $2 a foot. Call Coretec and see what they say. You'll have to look up the #, but they are in our area.
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Phelps
    ..I might have a job that calls for 130,20'x 6" PVC. I'll pay $2 a foot. Call Coretec and see what they say. You'll have to look up the #, but they are in our area.
    Now remember Phil, this is very thin walled pipe, called DWV-35. It is good for landscape drain usage, but is not approved for home plumbing application around here, as I understand it.
    Best Regards, Ken

I'm not sure that's a bad price. I remember asking about 6" at a plumbing supply place (known for reasonable prices) when I was doing mine and the difference between 4" and 6" was significant enuff that it took about 1 second to decide 4" was plenty.

KC

Ken,

I buy from Locke Supply here is Springdale. Matter of fact I bought a piece of pipe today. I paid $11.17 for 10" of 6" S&D. I noticed on their webstie that they have stores in Denton and in Plano. Here is the link to the stores adresses and phone numbers. Not sure how far you are away from either of these, but I figured it was worth a try.

http://www.lockesupply.com/loc_tx.htm

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Terry, I know who they are

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hatfield
    Ken,

I buy from Locke Supply here is Springdale. Matter of fact I bought a piece of pipe today. I paid $11.17 for 10" of 6" S&D. I noticed on their webstie that they have stores in Denton and in Plano. Here is the link to the stores adresses and phone numbers. Not sure how far you are away from either of these, but I figured it was worth a try.

http://www.lockesupply.com/loc_tx.htm

Terry
    I stopped by a couple weeks ago and asked about schedule K copper and all they had was the annealed K in a coil. While I was there, I asked about the sdr-35, astm 2729, they looked at me funny, as many folks do, and answered that all they had was schedule 40. I guess different stores have different stock. Eleven bucks a stick is a super price.

I did live in Plano, and get there every couple weeks. It is only about 25 miles from me. Denton is due west of me about another 28 miles.
    Best Regards, Ken

Ken,

Not the most convenient answer, but I bet they can get it from one of the other stores or at least from their main office/warehouse in OKC. The Locke Part number for the 6" is R0110. It say's ASTM 2729 in the description on my invoice, but the catalog page on the site calls it S&D.

I often have to have my guy's here get fittings and such from OKC. They get it overnite and the cost is still the same.

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hatfield
    Ken,

Not the most convenient answer, but I bet they can get it from one of the other stores or at least from their main office/warehouse in OKC. The Locke Part number for the 6" is R0110. It say's ASTM 2729 in the description on my invoice, but the catalog page on the site calls it S&D.

I often have to have my guy's here get fittings and such from OKC. They get it overnite and the cost is still the same.

Terry
    Thank You, Thank You, Terry

I looked around the Locke website and found that they have a store in Durant Ok. (pronounced DOO-rant) Durant is only about 65-70 miles up US75 from me, so I just might give them a call. The part number is a GREAT help, Thanks again.
    Best Regards, Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Garlock
    Thank You, Thank You, Terry

I looked around the Locke website and found that they have a store in Durant Ok. (pronounced DOO-rant) Durant is only about 65-70 miles up US75 from me, so I just might give them a call. The part number is a GREAT help, Thanks again.
    Ken,

You might as well just keep on coming north the the bbq next weekend. You can just buy what you need while you are here!!

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know this pipe is hard to find in the Dallas area, so I thought I would mention this find.

Ken,
    I got my S&D pipe from BEECO Plumbing in Dallas. They are across the street from Turner's Hardware. The 10' pipe was $10.00. Their address;
    13260 Josey Ln. and the phone # 972-620-9620
    Hope this helps
    Steve

Ken, if you get as far as Turner Hardware come a couple minutes more and stop by. Steve
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Thnaks Gues

Steve King: I will certainly check out BEECO, it sounds like the best place to date, Thanks,

Steve Jenkins: Yes, I have been thinking about a "hit and run" at your place. The problem with stopping by to see you, Steve, is that I would be sooo discouraged by your fine work, that I would go home and sell my few tools

Man, where else can you go and get such good info from so many good people.
    Best Regards, Ken