Thread: Looking for Plans: Golf Bag Storage

Looking for Plans: Golf Bag Storage

Looking for plans for something similar to this: http://www.golfsmith.com/products/237577 Allows for two golf bags, plus other items, to be stored in a neat organization structure. I've done some searching around but haven't found anything, thought that I would try here. I think this could give me the chance to try a few different methods to build up my experience while not being a overly difficult project.

Thanks for any help.

You are asking woodworkers for golf info I have never seen plans like this in the past, but it does look like a pretty straight forward project... by the picture it looks like it's made with particle board with plastic laminate (you can buy it already laminated) and some edge banding. This would be an excellent opportunity for you to try to make the plans yourself

Take a close look at the picture and see how you would create the joint, if you notice everything is mirrored so you would cut all these things at the same time, either through a template that you have created or very careful cutting. Good luck
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood

John Lucas from woodshopdemos.com built a golf bag holder a few years ago. You might find it searching the site.

Golf storage

Not sure where you are going to put the rack, but my golf stuff is also in my garage with all of my ww equipment - uni, bs, planer, jointer, etc. Over time I noticed lots of sawdust on my bag and head covers. I hate it when that happens. Solved the problem by building a storage cabinet that holds two bags and overhead storage. All have doors that seal against any dust which is now captured by of all things, a dust collector. If I had to do it over again, I would make the cabinet about two inches deeper, but we learn from our mistakes. Fairways and greens!

Welcome to the 'Creek.

I'm not sure you really need a formal plan to build something like that shown in the Golfsmith link. It's pretty straight-forward once you decide on the height and width...which you can estimate by comparing things to the golf clubs, etc. Get out a napkin and start sketching! (Or download Google SketchUp! and do it on the computer... )
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Second Request

SECOND REQUEST

In order to be a boni fide member of Sawmill Creek the Terms of Service require you to use a real first and last name. Please PM Jackie Outten with that information and she will update your registration to reflect your real name.

Perhaps it actually is my first name and last name?

Quote Originally Posted by C Duff
    Perhaps it actually is my first name and last name?
    sorry you don`t want to abide by the simple rules the rest of us do .02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

First letter, yes, last name, yes. There are some reasons I would prefer not all my private details are in public. If you would like to discuss offline, I would happily do so.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Duff
    Looking for plans for something similar to this: http://www.golfsmith.com/products/237577 Allows for two golf bags, plus other items, to be stored in a neat organization structure. I've done some searching around but haven't found anything, thought that I would try here. I think this could give me the chance to try a few different methods to build up my experience while not being a overly difficult project.

Thanks for any help.
    Don't tell anyone, but I made one of those for a friend. I think I have drawings somewhere.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute