Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playtime...........

Talking Playtime...........

The message is gone, so am I
    Last edited by Shelley Bolster; 10-18-2006 at 9:21 AM.

OK... Now that's just cool. What a great project. Wonderful work.

Shelley,I think you have a winner, definately fit a nich in furniture. The "doll house" is very very cute and even better as it can be eventually taken to college! From diapers to dorm room, eh?

The "transformer" constructability brings to mind the kids line of Transformer toys. I can envision a chest of drawers turning into a monster truck.

I think you have a great idea.
    Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

What a very kewel idea! "Transformers"!!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

The message is gone, so am I
    Last edited by Shelley Bolster; 10-18-2006 at 9:21 AM.

WOW WOW and WOW!!! Shelley, those are ABSOLUTELY beautiful and shows the awesome skills you have. Rachel will cherish this, and it'll be even cooler when the dresser "grows" with her. I think this is an awesome idea and a lot of people will be totally interested in it. It will save a lot of money and hassle in terms of getting rid of baby furniture and buying young adult furniture, etc. This is great that it's multi functional. I for one will pay extra upfront for such a well designed/made piece than to have to fork out more money in the long run to deal with selling/buying mediocre mass produced furniture

p.s. how do you know it won't make it into fine woodworking magazine?!?!?

and how come it's snowing up there??? It's actually sunny and warm for a change down here after our 4 months of nonstop torrential rain

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley Bolster
    WOW Julio!! From Diapers to Dorms.........Now that is cool!!!! You just might have named my Fantasy Line.......if I can use it???
    Please, I insist.

That is a wonderful idea and very well executed. I certainly believe there is a market for this kind of furniture.

By the way, we're not getting snow ( thank god ) but rain for the weekend and maybe for part of next week also...
    Last edited by Alain Tellier; 05-12-2006 at 3:57 PM.
    AT

Knowledge is to know tomatoes are fruits.
    Wisdom is to know not to put any in a fruit salad.

Shelley that looks great and it's a great idea. I am not sure if you are familiar with Pottery Barn Kids, but they sell things like that that are made ok, but they charge pretty good (considering its particle board and MDF)... I would think that you could charge at least what they charge and still come out with a tidy profit

If you want to take a look at their WWW site:

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/

They shoot for the upper levels of the economy, which is bunch that can afford it ... I go to their store for ideas
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood

Shelly, is there any way to use the beautifull elaborate gable as a shelf when converted to a more grown up chest of drawers?

The gingerbread latice work looks like a natural bracket if halved and turned upside down.

11. Two months old and the child is utterly spoiled.... What better way to bring a child into the world than with a doting grandma with talent!!!

Excellent is the word, just excellent, Shelley.
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

nice job shelley!
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Very clever and well done. I agree with the others that we may indeed see this in FWW!! Great work. The first thing I thought of when I saw the window was a cat's bed. And I am NOT a cat person....

-- Kevin

Nice idea Shelley. Something worth considering with designs aimed at kids is the safety aspect; kids do climb on stuff and even when they don't it sometimes seems like climbing to reach that... top... drawer...whoops! Making sure there is a way to stabilize the piece would make a big difference.
    Hmm, how would I do it? You might consider a small metal toungue stcking out of the back of the feet to tuck under the edge of the baseboard that a chest would probably be pushed up against, for example.
    Oh and for a girls chest I'd make that eaves window be an access panel to a secret chamber where she can hinde precious stuff from an annoying brother or sister. Like a secret drawer in a secretary.
    Smile. It worries the other guy.

Great job Shelly, someone is going to be awefull happy!

corey