Way off topic, but I figured this may be a good place to get some "real-time" opinions.

Problem: My computer room is in the lower level of the house. We live in a fringe area and the radio reception isn't the best, even upstairs. I'm looking for one of those small, mini-component stereo/CD/cassette units, which gets GOOD FM reception. I've searched through a whole slew of units that people have reported their opinions on, but to no avail. I can easily find out which units will rattle the windows in your house or which ones have some issues playing CDR-type media. But, I have NOT been able to find opinions (good or otherwise) on the FM reception end of things. Fact is, I really don't give a hoot if it will wake the dead or shake my fillings loose! It would be played at very low volumes 95* of the time, so really heavy-duty fidelity is not the main criteria here. So, anybody have a unit they can recommend or, at least, a site which DOES pay attention to the tuner end of things? BTW, I already checked on the Kloss Model 88. (The tuner section on that unit is awesome!) Appears that Mr. Kloss went to the big stereo shop in the sky a year or so ago. The Model 88 isn't being produced any longer and the one outfit which is selling their stock off, is commanding big, big $$$$ for the unit. Appreciate any input!