Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BS on Mobile Base ??

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    No harder than backing up the tractor with a trailer on it!
    I just had a hard time gettin' the thing to move - straight line or turns, while the SF moves way easier.

Bob
    bob m

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Falotico
    I bought the Jet mobile base when I bought the saw, and expected the Jet base to FIT the Jet saw........ Didn't feel right to start cutting on $135 base just to get it to fit right, so I brought it back for a refund. Just one of my weird quirks, when I buy matching items from the same manufacturer I expect them to fit without having to re-design, or at least be told before I buy that it needed to be modified.
    It would have fit had you bought the reccomended base from the catalog, it's the heavy-duty that is reccomended by the sales folks, and rightfully so, the 18X is marginally acceptable to use on the smaller base per weight. With that said, even though the Shop Fox and/or other cheaper HTC bases were cheaper, I wanted what I felt was a good base to have my bandsaw on. It was not hard to modify the cross members, I did it with a hack saw. I feel this is a much easier base to setup than the others like the ShopFox or other HTC bases. I just got a smaller base from Woodcraft recentely for a small jointer, it's much more difficult to setup, and the Jet base can be adjusted very easily.
    --
    Life is about what your doing today, not what you did yesterday! Seize the day before it sneaks up and seizes you!

Alan - http://www.traditionaltoolworks.com:8080/roller/aland/

My ACM 400 bandsaw may or may not be considered big. It weights about 450 pounds and is about 6 feet high. I have it on a home made mobile base and there are no problems at all with stability.