Thread: domino

domino

i have had a dowelmax for several years which along with my festool guide rail and kreg jig are my most frequently used tools.the dowelmax is very accurate when used for my face frames or anything.i used my domino for first time.using the retractable index pin my joints are off.i am holding the domino pin tight near the wood edge and it doesnt seem to be moving.any ideas

Here's a link to some preliminary Domino documentation where you can find how to make that adjustment.

http://festool.home.att.net/
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 05-30-2007 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Changed link per site owner's request

3. Bill,
    Could you please correct the link in your posting to point to the main page of the web site instead of directly to the PDF, so you are not bypassing the terms and conditions page. (This is one of the terms which you agreed to when you downloaded the manual.) This manual is not released, and there are some liability concerns that Festool has not signed off on yet.

Thanks.

The proper link is: http://festool.home.att.net/

Have you ever had any issues with the DowelMax?

dowelmax

thank you folks for your reply.i did not realize you could adjust the pins.too bad it did not come aligned to start.someone asked me about the dowelmax.i have used it for two years and love.it is super accurate and easy to use.i use it all the time to help align things befor gluing or kreg pocket holes.when gluing the wood can slide a little with biscuits and afew dowels prevent that.also when pocket holing the wood tends to move a littlle.i throw in a few dowels to prevent thati made a jig to use it in areas where you cannot use the screw hold downs.i use it all the time on cabinetesi do not use mortise tenon any more unless it is a through tenon for looks.