Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spaghetti............

1. Spaghetti............

OK, now this is just too much fun, in fact, maybe I should not post this here, if the government found out how much fun this was, they might just tax it

We had a small tree growing beside our shop, it was not planted there, it just grew there. It is a kind of cherry, but VERY different from the cherry I've been working.

The pieces are only about 4" round, so I cut them up and put them on the C-man lathe and started to make them round.

What a blast, it was like Silly String all over again!

Attachment 38741
    Making it round and having a blast!

Attachment 38743

Big pile there

Attachment 38744
    Where did I put that parting tool.....?

FUN FUN FUN!!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan; 11-24-2006 at 4:23 AM.

Forget the parting tool, where did you put the C-man? I can't find it anywhere. Oh to be a kid again...
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning

Stu, that is sure a lot of work just for a custom toothpick ( the cleaning up part, not the turning )
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Nothing quite as fun as making streamers

Don't forget to clean that lathe. You'll have rusty ways in no time flat otherwise.

-Joe

I know that was fun! Looks like wet Poplar from here.

Looks edible... put some sauce on it.

Ernie

Uh Oh!
    I see another bonker contest entry.
    Be Blessed

George

I love the noodles!!! Keep them coming Stu!!!
    Officially Retired!!!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

1,036 miles NW of Keith Burns

Stu........I had the exact experience with a neighbors Japanese maple! Didn't end up with much besides the "spaghetti" but sure was FUN!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

10. Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    Stu........I had the exact experience with a neighbors Japanese maple! Didn't end up with much besides the "spaghetti" but sure was FUN!
    Really it is not good for much besides a weed pot or bonker, so why not noodles

PURE FUN!!

Isn't that great? Couple weeks ago we got some fresh-cut, very wet boxelder - I started turning out these long, spaghetti-like shavings and it was hard to stop long enough to come in for supper. So much fun I was laughing out loud, all by myself out there in the shop.

Erin
    For all your days prepare and treat them ever alike. When you are the anvil, bear; When you are the hammer, strike.

12. Nice to hear it's not just me

Giggling like a fool was I, then, yes, laughing out loud so long and hard I had tears in my eyes

Hey, I got about another 4 pieces to do

I think I might try to get my daughters in on these ones, then they would be hooked too!

STU,
    I fully understand the fun. I was turning a little confetti lamp last Saturday out of walnut and as the ribbon can flying off at 1800 rpms I almost got carried away watching it and ALMOST turned the whole thing down to nothing. The ribbon was just flying through the air and across the bench.

14. Ya it is really cool ain't it

Cheers!

Stu: Would you like a little tropical wood salad and wooden egg to go with your spagetti ?¿
    Attached Images Attached Images