Thread: Woodpecker Quick-Lift not Triton

Woodpecker Quick-Lift not Triton

I'm looking to get a router lift and after searching SMC and reading some previous posts on router lifts I'm even more confused.

And after getting some feedback on the Triton 3-1/4 I've decided against it ($200 from a co-worker). Thanks, Cliff!

I have also decided against the Hitachi M12 on sale at Amazon for $115 because the router raizer and extreme extension push it to $244. Although I do get a 3-1/4hp router for that price.

My router is a DW618, and I've narrowed my choices down to the
    1) Woodhaven EZ Lift - great price, simple
    2) Woodpeckers Quick-Lift - 8-1/4 x 11-3/4 size for my table, quick lifting.
    3) Jessem Router R Lift FX - ??
    4) Milwaukee with above table adjustment.

I'm leaning towards the Quick-Lift...Is it the equal to the Jessem in quality?

Thanks for any help!

Pete

I have a DW618 in the Quick lift and it is simply amazing and IMHO worth a lot more than they charge for it. Don't go with the molded one, I had issues with mine and they replaced it no questions asked. It gets a lot of commercial use in my shop and I would but it again in a second. I considered the Jessum but I have had such outstanding satisfaction with Woodpeckers products that i decided on their lift.

Andy

Peter -- I have the Woodpecker's PRL, in my opinion it is a well made precision instrument that will last a very long time. If the quick lift is of the same quality, I think you are on the right track............. Also, everything I've got from Woodpecker's has been A-1.

Brings up a funny story, when I ordered my PRL I was undecided so I called Woodpecker's from the office and talked with them. I pulled up their webb sites and looked as we discussed, then downloaded the owner's manual in PDF format. At work, they monitor Internet usage and issue a monthly report on usage, the downloading of the pdf file registered as over 1600 hits (not sure how they measure) and showed as my most visited site for the month. Raised some eyebrows and Boy, Did I ever have some explaining to do -- Woodpeckers.com !! ...... Luckily my supervisor has a great sense of humor and knows about my woodworking hobby -- many folks have been fired over Internet usage (or should I say mis-usage).

Also, I think you made a good decision on the Triton, I looked very closely at it a couple years back, read the reviews and walked away. Can't tell you exactly why, just didn't feel right.
    Last edited by Tony Falotico; 05-19-2006 at 5:55 PM.
    Tony

Peter,

Good news for you!

I do not know how you could go wrong with anything that Woodpecker sells. Everything that I have purchased from them has been excellent.

I have the Milwaukee 5625 and it is excellent also. You cannot loose there either.

At least it is good news to here. I do not have any experience with Jessem or Woodhaven stuff so will have to let others give you any good or bad news about them.

Good Luck! Allen

P.S. Tony, good story!

Peter - I have an M12V and RR and don't see a need for the extreme extension if you buy or make a bent wrench.

I just saw this posted - you may want to check it out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

Pete,
    I also am a big fan of Woodpeckers stuff and have two of their lift plates in my shop (PRL & QuickLift) that get used all the time.
    I have a review of the QuickLift at the link below with photos, details and a video of it working. Very cool idea. I put this one in my table saw wing and it gets used frequently. the combination of speed in changing bits along with very precise height adjustments is very nice to have.

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews...ckliftrvu.html
    "Because There Is Always More To Learn"

Woodpecker

Peter,
    I did about 2 months of looking and went with a Woodpecker PRL. the differance between the PRL and the quicklift is in the threaded support posts. the PRL has 2 ensuring even lift with no cocking. the quicklift has one.
    For me the tradoff was speed in chaning bits or possible less accuracy.
    I am a machinist and had to go with the PRL in fine thread no less.
    The quick lift is a great unit
    Bill

Thanks guys, I'm going to get the Quicklift - all I need to do now is come up with the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pedisich
    Thanks guys, I'm going to get the Quicklift - all I need to do now is come up with the money.
    Peter,

That is easy. Just run for Congress. You will make plenty of money and have a lot of time off for your woodworking. All that is required is being able to make up things to say, true or not, that make you popular with the voters and then vote party lines. Do not be picky about which party, it makes no difference.

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pedisich
    I'm looking to get a router lift and after searching SMC and reading some previous posts on router lifts I'm even more confused.

My router is a DW618, and I've narrowed my choices down to the
    1) Woodhaven EZ Lift - great price, simple
    2) Woodpeckers Quick-Lift - 8-1/4 x 11-3/4 size for my table, quick lifting.
    3) Jessem Router R Lift FX - ??
    4) Milwaukee with above table adjustment.

I'm leaning towards the Quick-Lift...Is it the equal to the Jessem in quality?

Thanks for any help!

Pete
    Take a look at this Pete. I just picked one up when they dropped about $60 on friday.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

I would like to hear if anyone here has any thoughts on this particular lift as well. As I am typing it looks like they still have them in stock and at the lower price. From everything I have read the lift machanism is made by Jessem and people seem to like them. I had many of the same concerns as you and was just as undecided.

At this price it will work with your router and get you going. Plus I think you could probably get most of your $ back out of it if you decided that you wanted to go in a different direction.

Hope this helps,
    Craig