Thread: Donuts.......mmmmmmmmm......

1. Donuts.......mmmmmmmmm......

OK, I finally got around to getting my Donut chuck done.

Attachment 38861
    Finishing the bottom

Attachment 38862

For a spacer (because of the NE) I used a PVC pipe reducer joint thing.

Worked fine.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan; 11-24-2006 at 4:23 AM.

Very creative solution, Stu. How did you pad the inside of the PVC to protect your NE? You sure are into this spinny thing all the way aren't you?
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stafford
    Very creative solution, Stu. How did you pad the inside of the PVC to protect your NE? You sure are into this spinny thing all the way aren't you?
    Just a chunk of foam.

as for the spinny thing all the way, is there any other way to do something?

i don't know what Stu did but I have 3 different padding materials. For deep vessels with smaller openings I use a straight piece of pvc with a raquet ball slit and shoved over the end of the pipe. I also have a few flanges made to fit over the end of a piece of pipe. Some are covered in unfinished full grain leather and some are covered in the non skid shelf matting. I have also found that while the shelf mats from dollar stores work as well as the high priced stuff they tend to wear out a little faster around the edges. I also use the padding on the bottom piece of the chuck and around the lip of the top piece to keep from marring the piece and provide a more secure fit.
    I Am The Other Guy in Ohio Named Hart.

As we have shoe and sandal repair shops on the street corners here we bought sandal sole materal for the donut lining. Works very nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very cool Stu.

Ernie

Hey Stu now your talking. Nice looking donut chuck. I made about 3 of them and made different size holes in them for small to large bowls. I have the donut part in 4" thru 13". Nice job Stu.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.