Page 35 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Birth of a shop

1. Here Marty...I fixed it for you.

Marty's Thermometer LR.jpg

Now get back to work.

- Vaughn

Pssst hey Marty it was about 68 - 70 degrees here yesterday.

63 degrees today. Just think how hard you could be working & you maybe could even get more done. I found out the hard way that I just couldn't do anything about the high heat & humidity when I lived in GA. . I also knew that the weather here is mild (read doesn't get very cold for very long, this year it was just a day here & there) & not as much rain as Seattle. Olympia or Tacoma. I can live without air-conditioning. Electric in the worst part of winter time is about $110 a month & $40 a month in spring & summer & electric is part of our benefits package so we don't pay for it out of pocket but we do earn it.

Oh by the way your shop is looking good. So what are you going to call it a sweat shop.
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 07-17-2006 at 4:08 PM.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan
    Here Marty...I fixed it for you.

Marty's Thermometer LR.jpg

Now get back to work.

- Vaughn
    Vaughn,

Oh, if it was that easy...

- Marty -

Heat Index - Toasty

Marty,

I flew to Chicago today and the temperature was 93 here, hotter here than Tampa. It's just plain "HOT" out there right now.

Stay cool and drink plenty of fluids. Your not as young as you used to be.

Regards

Randy

Heat Index - Toasty

Marty,

I flew to Chicago today and the temperature was 93 degrees, hotter here than Tampa. It's just plain "HOT" out there right now.

Stay cool and drink plenty of fluids. Your not as young as you used to be.

Regards

Randy

When I left California today at noon. the temp was 103. When I went through San Bernardino it was raining and 103. When I got to Phoenix it was dry and 109. Phoenix felt cooler then California.

112???? You're complaining about 112???!!!! Geez when I was a kid we had to roof the house when it was 120 with no shoes on cuz the rubber on our shoes would melt onto the tarpaper and shingles. Why don't you just go get them nails done and put on yer Daisy Dukes!!!!

Actually I did have to pull concrete forms on a first level floor in the crawl space when it was a balmy 100 and about 80% humidity one summer when in high school. We had to run fire hoses on the floor to cool down the crawl space. Boy was that a fun job!

Good work Marty. And Denise is VERY THOUGHTFUL to buy you the thermometer.

Medical Delay...

Well folks, it seems that there's going to be a delay in the progress here. I awoke yesterday and was almost instantly doubled over in pain. In the emergency room, the cat scan confirmed what the x-rays showed...a 7mm kidney stone lodged inside me.

I'm just now coming down from the Demerol induced haze. But that's just in time for me to get ready to go to the hospital for a pre-surgery screening. I'm scheduled for a procedure tomorrow morning to have this thing removed.

I have no idea what to anticipate in terms of recovery, but I suspect it'll probably be a week or so before I can get back out there and get those last two walls built. That means I'm calling the truss manufacturer today to have him delay making and delivering the roof trusses.

I'll update this thread once I have more info. And if I'm too drugged to type, I'll have Denise post an update.

Sorry for the delay...
    - Marty -

awwww man! getting old sucks! hope all goes well and wishing you a speedy recovery. tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Sorry to hear that, Marty. Tod's right, about getting old, and wishing you a speedy recovery. Take it easy, we'll see you on the flip side.
    Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Marty,
    Don't be in too much of a hurry after the surgery. Take the time to heal so you won't have any regrets later. the shop will be there when you get all healed up.

Bah, it is *only* 7 mm!! haha, just kidding!

Heal up, Marty...I can hear those two other walls callin' ya!

Most importantly, be sure you are ready to go...don't rush it or it could delay things even more. God's speed to your recovery...but not too fast!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Walsh
    Medical Delay...
    I have no idea what to anticipate in terms of recovery, but I suspect it'll probably be a week or so before I can get back out there and get those last two walls built. That means I'm calling the truss manufacturer today to have him delay making and delivering the roof trusses.
    -
    Oh no! That sucks man. They going in laproscopically I hope?

In early May, I had 5 that were each about 13 mm (yes, about a 1/2" each). Due to the specifics, I had to have open surgery (complete with a 10" scar) and took ~5 weeks to be well enough to pick up a hammer...

Good luck and speedy recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Walsh
    I awoke yesterday and was almost instantly doubled over in pain. In the emergency room, the cat scan confirmed what the x-rays showed...a 7mm kidney stone lodged inside me.
    Marty,

Sorry to hear about this. Glad to know that it's not a life threatening situation though.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you! And please, don't do what I do - get plenty of rest and be 100% sure you're ready to get back to any heavy work. I've been there and the last time I tried to start too soon I ended up being down for an additional three weeks. Wasn't fun at all.

Get well soon!

Larry

Marty,
    We are all enjoying your posts and I can't wait each day to check your progress. That being said, please take the maximum amount of time that you can to heal. It will be hard to do, I'm sure, but the project will still be there when you've healed and re-injury can and usually does take longer to heal. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. Hang in there buddy!
    Jerry