Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283 LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1232

Thread: Birth of a shop

1. Seems to me , THE TOPIC IS : Where is Marty? & How's that shop project coming along??
    I just nicely got caught up with the Birth of a shop, and now it seems it stopped. I don't know whats going on ,but It's left alot of us hanging !

Here's an idea. This thread started on 05-22-2006, 12:34 PM. Why doesn't everyone that is drooling for an update over an update from some guy that can type about and post pictures of an inanimate object that will mean nothing in the long run, find a friend or relative they haven't spoken to over the same amount of time and give them a call. ██ █ █ █ █ █ ██
    For God's sake dudes, what's up with that?. Are you all that sheltered?
    Spit happens. He's either busy, doesn't like the tone of the forum, had to stop for a bit, work, whatever. You're all acting like a bunch of children. Think about how a new member looks at a bunch of grown men acting like you are. Everyone backslapping each other regardless and whining because they have to wait for updates? This is beyond creepy.
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 10-22-2006 at 5:01 AM. Reason: personal attack redacted

How long before this gets pulled? Them's fighting words Dave. But I must admit I'm kinda in your corner on this one. This birth of a shop post seems to have risen beyond obsession into some kind of worship. I have not followed it in any detail, partly because it's just to flippin' long, and partly I'm just not that interested in how big and expensive a shop can be. No disrepect intended Marty, just a comment from the cheap seats.

Happy building
    Hans

Honestly, I'm not trying to be a jerk. But in the time this thread has started until this point I've had to deal with the loss of a family member and a job change. There was a point where I considered selling off my tools and abandoning the idea I could be the kind of woodworker Dad was.
    I have a little basement shop, no big deal. Plenty of guys I know make fun of my BT3100 and Craftsman RAS, among other tools I own. It just bugs me from time to time how worked up we all get some times. When I got the BT3100 I thouhgt I was hot stuff compared to what I had.
    I wish the OP the best of luck with his shop. I just have to keep things real ( As I see it, everyone's different).

God bless all of you. But some things strike a nerve and I apologize if I took my last post out on all of you.

David,

Have you ever gotten two-thirds of the way through a good book and for whatever reason didn't get to finish it? That's how it is with me regarding Marty's shop. I'd just like to see the process of him completing it.

I built my house and shop myself (with LOML's help) so I don't have to live vicariously through anyone else...I've been there and done that...but I can certainly identify with Marty's triumphs and setbacks and looked forward to reading about them.

I certainly won't lose any sleep over the issue and this forum will continue to prosper regardless, but I would like to see the completion of his efforts...creepy or not.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

Folks, if and when Marty wants to update the thread he will. Discussion outside of that is just wasting ones and zeros. Please be respectful to each other. Thanks in advance.

Jim
    SMC Moderator

Thank you Marty

I believe we have alot to thank Marty for.
    He started his posting with ideas and plans for a dream shop. He gave thanks to many people here he had gleaned ideas from and he personally thanked others.
    Look at the posts and look at the replies to "Birth of a shop".
    This has been the most sucessful thread and in it we can glean from the contents.
    Someone with a plan gave thanks and started out on a real project. He worked hard and he kept us abreast of that progress. He was up beat and he was upset but he was honest, I think. He took time to ask and answer responders.
    The success of this thread can be a guideline for our threads.
    Plan, give thanks, work, share, respond, work, explain, ask questions, respond, work, show pictures, work toward something you can show pictures of, explain, give thanks, and other stuff I know i have left out.

Good bye and fare well

(To anyone that gets to read this before it gets pulled....)

Unable to deal with the nonsense that has overcome this forum, I am saying fare-thee-well to all those who I've come to call friends. To all the rest, nothing more needs to be said...

Good luck...
    - Marty -

Thanks for the GREAT thread on your great new shop building Marty.
    It's truly been a very good watched thread, one of the highest SMC has ever encountered.

Steve

Marty,

You and your project were an inspiration to all of us who followed the story. I genuinely hate to lose your presence on SMC. Hope you will come back some day!

Jerry

11. Never posted in the thread but thanks for the updates as they went.

I enjoyed reading them. I think I killed almost two days at work reading it.

Marty,

Your thread was one of the main reasons I joined SMC this month. It's a shame you have to leave. Hopefully they'll mellow out around here and you can come back some day and share some of the projects coming out of that beautiful shop.

Greg

Marty,

Thanks for your contributions. Your work ethic and the quality of your output has been inspiring and from my side of the computer screen, the speed with which you worked on your garage/shop has been breathtaking.

Don't let the turkeys get you down. There's no group that doesn't have some squabbling and this place has a lot more good stuff than bad.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

Marty,

I have been getting way to much done now around the house without your thread to read! Thanks so much for all your time and effort in keeping us posted. If its done, how about one last finished shot. Please!!

You may force me to drive over from South Carolina to see it.

Happy Holidays and the best of luck to you.

Kerry

As others have mentioned, there is NO site that doesn't have squabling. Typically, I don't post much because it's very easy for anyone to type anything.

Also, some may see the apparant obsesiveness of others regarding this thread as childish, or?. However, I, and many others, have found Marty's attention to detail and especially his willingness to answer everyone's questions as more or less inspiring. I have found much useful information in this thread relating to work I am doing on my house.
    I am by no means obsessed with this thread, however, I miss the education I was receiving.

I personally don't think this thread was intended for anyone to show off, instead, more as an educational tool.

Marty, please try to see through the words of some. Backing away is letting them win.

Off the sopabox, sorry if I have offended some. Time on this planet is short, can't we all just get along.
    George